Menu
Modsrule1976
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HD Ghosting and horizontal lines

Hi,

When viewing HD channels on our Tivo box (V+ fine) we see Ghosting and horizontal lines when there is a lot of movement on the screen. It is fine in 'standard' scenes but in an action sequence or sports it is common.

Other than that there is no pattern.

All leads, TV etc checks out fine.

Any help greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
gds1972
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD Ghosting and horizontal lines

Hi

If you not already done so please try and switch off any picture enhancing features running on the TV and then try again to see if you still get the same problems.

0 Kudos
Modsrule1976
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

All picture settings reset on the TV and no notable difference.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Modsrule1976, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues when viewing HD channels. 

I've run some testing on your TiVo® and can see no reason behind this - all power levels are spot on, and there are no known local issues. 

I see that you state that cables check out, may I ask have you been able to try a different HDMI cable from the TiVo® to the TV?

Let me know. Apologies once more.  

Huw. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Modsrule1976
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes I have used a different HDMI cable with no difference.

I have also tried a different TV and the issue follows. Could this be a hardware issue on the Tivo box?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Modsrule1976, 

Thanks for coming back and confirming. 

Whilst the testing of the TiVo® shows no fault, as you've  eliminated both TV and HDMI leads, then I think it's best to arrange for a technician to call out and take a closer look at things for you. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving with this, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos