Menu
stubob
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HD Channels Currently Exhibiting Poor Picture and Sound Quality

Several HD channels are currently displaying poor picture and sound quality. Sky 1 HD and Sky Living HD content recorded on Tuesday (Stella) and Wednesday (Madam Secretary) are unwatchable. Have rebooted our TIVO box, but this has made no difference to the channels mentioned and others such as More 4 HD. The equivalent SD channels are fine, so now switching all of our series links, so that we are not recording content we cannot watch. What is the problem VM?

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD Channels Currently Exhibiting Poor Picture and Sound Quality

Need to get the signal levels checked so either ring in or wait for a forum mod to pick up on this thread and they should be able to check remotely and get an engineer out.

As a heads up, switch to one of the affected channels and then go into the diagnostics menu and scroll down to the tuner that is tuned to the affected channel and have a look and see what the figures are looking like - power, SNR, RS errors etc. If it's a signal issue and the its unwatchable then I would expect a fair few RS errors to be being reported.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi stubob,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear that your getting poor picture/sound on your HD channels.  

I can see you've had an engineer call round to check this out which is great to see.  I'd love to know how it all went.  Please keep me posted I'm here to help if you need anything.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stubob
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

Technician visited on Saturday and said that there is a network problem. He also advised that a network engineer would be out in our street yesterday, and likely the problem would be resolved. But I can see that the channels that were affected are still not working, these are 109, 111 and 145. Can you please advise when this network issue will be resolved and we will have full use of our VM TV HD service again?

Thanks
Stuart

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear the service is still not resolved.

I have checked this out and I need to get in touch with the engineering team to get some answers for you.  I have already contacted them and as soon as I hear back I shall be back in touch to let you know what the latest is.

Thank you for your patience, I'll be in touch.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

stubob wrote:

Hi Collette,

Technician visited on Saturday and said that there is a network problem. He also advised that a network engineer would be out in our street yesterday, and likely the problem would be resolved. But I can see that the channels that were affected are still not working, these are 109, 111 and 145. Can you please advise when this network issue will be resolved and we will have full use of our VM TV HD service again?

Thanks
Stuart

Strange as you would assume if it there were a network problem then it would be affecting the whole street (at the very least). Are any of your neighbours VM customers and are they having problems?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos