Menu
burtoni
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Grouped recordngs

I think there's been an update, as now my recordings are all grouped, which I don't want. 'HD recordings (18)' isn't nearly as useful as a list of the actual recordings. I can't find how to undo this - can anyone help?

Tags (2)

Helpful Answers
stevef
Superfast
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Grouped recordngs

Found this hint on digitalspy forums which returns some of the original look.

Open my shows and press green button, turn on left column and select to view the recordings category, save the option. Now select recordings in the left menu and the middle then show all recordings like it used to. Now if I could just turn off the now useless left column to expand the middle colum it would be back as it used to be. 

All Replies
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

try pressing the Blue button...

0 Kudos
burtoni
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Nope, makes no difference. But cheers for trying!

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I can't actually find a setting  that shows just an "HD Recordings" group and no way to get to the individual list.

On my Tivo, the HD Recordings is just a group below the individual recordings (in the same way that multiple recordings are grouped by series) .  I can select the group (and all programmes are itemised), or I can go back a level ( press left on the 4-way cursor) to the full listing.

Can you post a screen shot?

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

If you click OK on the "HD Recordings (18)" folder, it will then show you the individual recordings.

0 Kudos
burtoni
Tuning in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - but I want individual episodes to show in the list on the 'My Shows' page. The extra click seems unnecessary and annoying (First World problems, I know!)
0 Kudos
burtoni
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

It has always been as I describe above till I switched on today - hence I assumed there had been an update. 'Groups' used to be an option which you could take or leave.
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it was changed in the last update and the option to ungroup shows was removed (probably because of the number of people coming on here complaining that their groups had disappeared after they accidentally clicked the blue button).

Generally though I would think that the single extra click to open the folder is far less effort than all the extra clicks to scroll through ungrouped shows, looking at "My Shows" on my TiVo there are 17 folders I'd need to scroll through to get to my oldest recording, with groups off I'd have to scroll through around 200 individual episodes, which is a lot more clicks!

0 Kudos
burtoni
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I see where you're coming from. I may well be in the minority then - I don't tend to record whole series but instead watch them episode by episode when they air, so it's useful to see them at the top of the list. Not the fashion in these days of 'binge watching'! I'll just have to remember that my random films are now secreted in the 'HD recordings' folder.

Thanks for being friendly and trying to help!
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Your individual film recordings should just appear in the main list as well so you shouldn't need to hunt for them in "HD Recordings" , recordings that are just a single item are just shown alongside the folders as individual episodes\films.