Menu
SJHopwood
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Green Screen

Just been watching a recording, when it finished I changed the channel to watch some football and my Tivo box rebooted itself. I now have the following picture on my tv. Needless to say I'm very unhappy, been having lip sync problems with this box for ages and now this happens.

green screen.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green Screen

The box will not recover. Thats a HDD fault. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
SJHopwood
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It seems to have recovered but I'm worried it's on its last legs. I have had the box about 5 years so would imagine the HDD is on its way out. Would customer service send a new box to me or is it engineer call out?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think that would need an engineer.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there SJHopwood, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your TiVo®. 

I am glad to hear that it has come back on for you now, however as this was an issue, I've decided to run some checks just to make sure that things are all okay. Unfortunately I've found that your TiVo® does indeed have a faulty hard drive, so I'd like to arrange for someone to call out and investigate further for you. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving with this, so please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
SJHopwood
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OK, just replying now.

Thanks
0 Kudos
SJHopwood
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well I got my new box installed, very annoyed that I have to manually set my series links up as the copy feature doesn't work. If I knew that, then I would have wrote them down. I can guarantee I missed something off Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

SJHopwood wrote:

Well I got my new box installed, very annoyed that I have to manually set my series links up as the copy feature doesn't work. If I knew that, then I would have wrote them down. I can guarantee I missed something off Smiley Sad

What error is it giving you?

Is the copy feature appearing at all (in my experience unless you have two active TiVo's on the account it seems to not appear)? If not try going directly to:

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap

and see if the de-activated box is listed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
SJHopwood
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Both boxes are listed, one as de activated. When I select the three items on step three and click on confirm I just get a HTTP 500 error, have tried Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer

0 Kudos