Menu
nc3d
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Got a text saying 319 is fixed - is it heck (put politely)

I have been unable to watch most HD on demand services for weeks - an engineer has been "working on it" for about 6 weeks. He sure must be tired by now. Finally, he fixed it - he must have because he sent me text to say so. So I rebooted my box with anticipation, only to find that the service status says it's going to be another week. It is a rolling week surely. Can I get a refund for the HD service I'm paying for and not getting? 

On a separate but related note - I moved from Sky and BT to go to Virgin. I thought Sky+ HD box was slow but TiVo must be running on an i386 processor. It's the only explanation. Also TV Anywhere should be challenged by the trade descriptions act. TV Anywhere means anywhere not anywhere where there is a WiFi connection. Joke. Perhaps I should have read the small print. 

Feel cheated - please reply Virgin, I would be interested in hearing the excuses.

jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Got a text saying 319 is fixed - is it heck (put politely)

the best way is to take this to 150 and tell them or even better wait for forum team to get back to you they know how to answer this and put it right for you this site is not made for complaints its 150 for serious issues or on here most members will put anything on here which is uncalled for the team have rules to come on here if its serious take to 150 forum team can answer your harsh questions the team will try to answer your inquiry they do take things serious im only saying what i think
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nc3d,

Thank you for your message, I'm sorry that there's still been 319 errors whilst trying to use the On Demand.

I have checked the outages in the area and it looks as if there isn't one as such and are aware of an update that is currently being rolled out to help with the delayed content uploaded to the On Demand. 

May I ask what software version you currently have in the TiVo?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Markw42
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm also having trouble with the on demand service and the constant error 319 message. We changed over to virgin media from sky two weeks ago and their service is an absolute joke. Ever since we had it installed two weeks ago we have had the same problem and the service status page shows when it's supposed to be fixed and when that day and time arrive it's put back further everytime and customer services don't seem to care. All virgin seems to be concerned with is taking people's money and not giving them the service they are paying for and constantly mugging their customers off with excuse after excuse. Well if this is what virgin media think of their customers then I will escalate this further as far as I can go. 

Spoiler

0 Kudos
nc3d
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @jonathanlouis for your really helpful reply.

If I went straight to 150 then the rest of the community would not know the issues I am facing and clearly other users have the same issues - making it public is more likely to get Virgin to do something about it.
0 Kudos
nc3d
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @BenD_H thanks for replying.

I am still getting the 319 error - I restarted the box first to make sure then tried to load Point Break in HD with no luck. I also see that the film I was originally going to watch in HD before the original post (The Reverent) is now no longer offered in HD. What happened there? I though perhaps the service was removed completely but HD is still available on most films (but can't watch them due to 319 error).

The TiVo software version is: 20.5.7.RC24-VMC-2-C00

The diagnostics say nothing is wrong as you stated.
0 Kudos
Markw42
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sounds about right. I kept getting the same thing texts saying it had been fixed when it hadn't. On their service status page it says it will be fixed by 4.50 today and yet again just after that time they will put it back further again and it will go on and on with virgin media mugging their customers off not giving them the service they are paying for and every time you phone customer services they are not the least bit interested and they just keep fobbing people off. Well I am in the process of doing something about this as they can't keep getting away with this. Not one virgin media employee has answered to these complaints in the forum well enoughs enough!

0 Kudos
nc3d
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Keep us posted
0 Kudos
crypticc
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you noticed Sky HD on demand got worse about time that Virgin pumped up their own ondemand service which seems to be 24x7

----------------------------------------------------------
TiVo video output scaling-bugs

Tivo-scaling-bug

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

0 Kudos