Menu
iadom
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glaring omission?

I have just received and self installed a new Tivo box, offered free as an upgrade to my old HD box. I have one Tivo box already so familiar with all functions.

The whole setup process went very smoothly indeed and using the automated activation line the box was fully setup in less than 20 minutes.

One thing did strike as a bit of an oversight. In the blue pamphlet entitled 'Get Set,give us a call.' It goes through the procedure for disconnecting/reconnecting cables etc but nowhere in this guide does it mention swapping over the smart card????

Not sure if these self install packs are sent out to everyone but I know one or two people who would have chucked out the old box together with the smart card. Smiley Happy

Jim.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Glaring omission?

If you have a TiVO box with a card in, the box will still be paired with that card & cannot be used anywhere else. Only new TiVO's are being released without the need for a card.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo no longer needs a smart card.

iadom
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks for that, my old Tivo has one in, will putting the smart card from my old V+ box into the new Tivo cause any problems?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you have a TiVO box with a card in, the box will still be paired with that card & cannot be used anywhere else. Only new TiVO's are being released without the need for a card.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile