Menu
Robertjohnson
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ghosting on TiVo

When watching channels through our TiVo box, we get some bad ghosting, particularly in fast, or dark scenes. Almost becomes unwatchable.
Our Virgin+ box in another room is fine.

We didn't used to get this problem.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ghosting on TiVo

Hi Robertjohnson,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear the picture is't very sharp through the TiVo®.  I'd like to help check this out for you.  

I have carried out come checks with the box remotely and all looks fine signal wise and also with the power levels.

Can you please let me know if the lead connecting your TiVo® to the TV set is lugged in securely?  If you can let me know how you get on, I can help further.

Keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Robertjohnson
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
I've checked and all the connecting cables are seated correctly.
0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think you need to try the tv from the other room with your tivo (or vice versa) to see if it's actually the tv at fault. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Robertjohnson, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know that you've tested the cables and made sure they're all secure. If you've already tried adrianm758's suggestion how did that go? If not, prior to lugging the TV through to another room, swap around the HDMI lead with the one from the other room (or another one) and see if the picture improves. A faulty lead can cause this problem.

Please let us know how you get on. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos