Menu
victor2
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Ghost recording

Hi just joined the forum, can anyone help? I've had a TiVo box since the new year, quite impressed, but, I seem to be getting a lot of ghost recordings, i.e. display showing recording a program when I look at the menu nothing is recorded, look down program listings and it shows recording programs that I know nothing about, not a problem until the box is showing 3 programs recording, when I am only recording 1 other 2 are not my recordings, has anyone encountered this as well, my local Virgin shop has not heard of this.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ghost recording

Hi there Victor2, 

Welcome to the forums, and thank you for your post. 

As ozsat correctly says, this certainly sounds like suggestions. Over time the TiVo® will get to learn what sort of programmes you like, it goes by thumbs up and what you've recorded in the past, and it will make suggestions of what it believes will interest you. You can find these recordings in the My Shows folder, in this list you'll see another folder called "Suggestions" - take a look in there, you may like some of the shows.

Your planned recordings will always take priority, so if you have something planned to record, this will go ahead and the suggestion won't be. 

Should you not want to have the suggestions option record your shows, then you can disable this feature by going to 

HOME>HELP AND SETTINGS>SETTINGS>RECORDINGS>SUGGESTIONS

I sure hope this helps. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unlessw you have switched off SUGGESTIONS in the settings menu -  it will continue to record them and the suggestions folder will start building up again.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos

All Replies
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Sound like 'suggestions' which are explained in the help menu and can be turned off in the settings menu

V6 TiVo (with MRS)
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Victor2, 

Welcome to the forums, and thank you for your post. 

As ozsat correctly says, this certainly sounds like suggestions. Over time the TiVo® will get to learn what sort of programmes you like, it goes by thumbs up and what you've recorded in the past, and it will make suggestions of what it believes will interest you. You can find these recordings in the My Shows folder, in this list you'll see another folder called "Suggestions" - take a look in there, you may like some of the shows.

Your planned recordings will always take priority, so if you have something planned to record, this will go ahead and the suggestion won't be. 

Should you not want to have the suggestions option record your shows, then you can disable this feature by going to 

HOME>HELP AND SETTINGS>SETTINGS>RECORDINGS>SUGGESTIONS

I sure hope this helps. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
victor2
Joining in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both for your input, the problem is not that the box is recording suggested programs, it is showing that it is, but when I look at 'my recordings' the ghost recording is not shown, only the one(s) I have programed to record, sometimes the box is showing three programs recording, which locks me out of watching a cable program that I wish to watch, when I look thru the listings, I find that I am recording one or two programs and the box is recording three, something I have no idea about, so having to go right thru the listing page I could miss 5 or 10 minuets of a program. 

Thanks. Victor 2

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Victor, 

Thanks for coming back with the further information. When you look in the suggestions folder, are there any programmes in there?

Cheers

Huw

0 Kudos
victor2
Joining in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw-B, I have checked the suggestion box, it had 48, I have cleared them and will keep an eye on things.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unlessw you have switched off SUGGESTIONS in the settings menu -  it will continue to record them and the suggestions folder will start building up again.

V6 TiVo (with MRS)
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
victor2
Joining in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the info ozsat, I will try that, the box doe's not record the suggestions, it just shows it is by the lights on the front of the box, if I look in my programs the program is not shown, if I am recording say two programs and the box is showing three lights, the third shows up as recording in the daily listing but is not showing up in my programs, so I can't watch a terrestrial program with out going all thru the 100+ channels to find the rough recording.

Doe's that make sense? I can't find another way of describing it.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Easy way to find out what's recording

press info and scroll down list to "r" (right at the bottom) and press ok. 

Youll see see what's recording you'll have a bright red r on the left. 😉

victor2
Joining in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

thank you for that parrotperson,

0 Kudos