Menu
Loosecanons
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

GBBO cancelled - step too far

After biting my lip and putting up with it ever since the software update to give us Series Link+ my Tivo went too far tonight - it cancelled the Bake Off after 3 minutes for no apparent reason. No clashes, no power cuts, no reason.

After finding it on iPlayer and after the Tivo box eventually let me in the programme stalled and stuttered through.  My 10 quid Now TV box was waiting in the wings.

Can you tell us 

• why the Tivo has become virtually unusable?
  • Iplayer is so slow?
  • why I see the revolving circle whenever I do anything?
  • Why we have empty folders all over the place in 'My Shows'. 
  • Why it sometimes won't let me delete anything?
  • Why we have shows in the folders that are unwatchable that I can't get rid of? For example Olympic 2012 highlights!

I have spoken to many colleagues at work and they have the same problem and they are not happy.

What on earth is going on ?

thanks

PS I have tried the 'clear cache' option and re-booting. No improvement

Tags (1)
Shadowch31
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: GBBO cancelled - step too far

Exactly the same issues. I have the fastest broadband available yet my Tivo is so slow I'm actually using freeview box to record my shows!
If its not sorted soon I may just go to Sky for my tv package.
Loosecanons
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Possibly caused by too much demand when the Bake off was showing but the lack of response says it all.

FYI, a bit better today but still getting the 'working' circles on My Shows and Apps
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Loosecanons,

Thank you for your message, welcome back.

I'm sorry to hear that the TiVo was unable to record the full length of the GBBO, this isn't what we like to see.

Failed recordings can be due to a few factor and I'd like to ask if there are any other shows that have done the same and what time was the show being aired? I've been able to test the TiVo from here and found no fault as such, your power levels are really good and no signs of timeouts, which is great.

Please stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos