Menu
djkav
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Freezing, stuttering and pixelation...

Hi. We have a TiVo box and a V+ box. Both boxes are freezing, stuttering and pixelating. This happens while watching live TV and recorded programmes. It doesn't matter if its HD or SD. I know they did a recent diagnostic and said that the box was fine. This doesn't help the fact that it just continues to occur randomly and more frequently.

Any assistance is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Freezing, stuttering and pixelation...

Hi Djkav Smiley Happy

Ta very much for posting your experience on the TV services you have in the home. I can understand that with this happening on all services and on Live/ Recorded shows it can be difficult. I really would love to help but have been unable to locate your account. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
djkav
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the engineer came and said that the co-ax on the back of the boxes was loose and not tightened properly. He tightened them up and said that should resolve the problem with stuttering, pixelating and freezing.

I unfortunately have to report that the problem still persists. Please could perform another status diagnostics on the TiVi box and let me know if its showing any errors?

Already sent a PM.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there djkav, 

I'm really sorry to hear that things are still not right there for you. I've done some checks on the connection, and all levels now seem to be spot on. 

However I'm seeing that the Hard drive on your TiVo® is now reporting an issue, which would suggest there is a physical fault with the box itself. So I'm going to have to arrange another technician to call out and investigate further for you. 

I've sent you another Private Message to get this arranged. 

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos