Menu
Ktstarday
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Freezing on playback

Hi
My tivo box keeps freezing on playback. I have switched it off for 30 minutes and tried again but it's no better. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Freezing on playback

Hi there Ktstarday, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing freezing on playback, I really do appreciate how frustrating this is, as I had a similar issue myself a few years ago. 

I've done some checks on your TiVo® and can see an error on the hard drive of the TiVo® so I'd like to arrange for someone to call out and take a closer look at things. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving with this, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more.

Huw.

P.S. It's very likely that the engineer will swap the TiVo® for a different one, whilst we are unable to save any of the recordings, there are things like series links, wish lists etc that we are able to back up. Why not check out http://virg.co/boxswap to learn how to back up some of the settings you already have.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Ktstarday, 

Just thought I'd drop by to check if you've been able to view the private message I sent yesterday, as I've not yet had a reply. 

Should you wish for me to send out a technician please let me know. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Ktstarday
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Had an engineer here this morning he said there was a problem with hard drive and power issues. He replaced our box so fingers crossed it's solved the problem.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ktstarday Smiley Happy

Thank you for letting Huw and the Community know how the engineer visit went Smiley Happy

I'm really chuffed to read that the issues were identified and replaced, you should be able to have the recordings playing at the right quality now Smiley Happy

If there is anything that I can help with in the future please let one of the Community or one of the Forum Team know Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos