Menu
Alder
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Freezing Tivo

My Tivo box keeps freezing and reboiting itself, its also slow responding to programme changes. I recently had a new updated Router, and mentioned the slow speed to the engineer who came, and he said that it seems to have been since VM updated the tivo on screen design. But since then ive had these other problems.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Freezing Tivo

Hi Alder, 

Many thanks for taking the time out to reach to Community. 

I am sorry that the box is freezing at times. I would like to ask if this is something still happening today? Is this the only TiVo in the home you currently have?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Aled999
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Our box has been doing this for several months. To start with VM told us to turn it off every night and that was the problem - what a load of rubbish; then they said tough, there was nothing they can do; last week an engineer came and did something but problem still persists. He said we could get a new box exactly the same or pay for the new TiVo coming put next month (?). Definitely don't want to pay VM any more money than I am already ( in excess of £ 140 per month) so unless they fix it without any hassle it will be good Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aled999,

Thank you for posting, it's great to see you again.

I am sorry to read that you have been experiencing freezing on the TiVo. I would like to run some tests and enter the account to see what's been going on. I've not been able to locate the account and would require some further information and security information to verify the account before I can help you more.

If you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope.

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community.
Ben

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aled999, 

Cheers for the reply, the details were great and just what I needed.

I have been able to test the TiVo and the other servics in the home, they're all looking healthy, apart from the hard drive in the TiVo. I'd like to ask if this freezing is happening when trying to view your recordings, or whilst trying in the middle of viewing these?

The hard drive is something that would need looking into if this is the case and causing interruptions.

If you can let me know I'll be able to help further.

All the best.

Ben

0 Kudos