Menu
johnnyboyc_uk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Frassin' rassin' 'error 3009' (invalid smartcard) on Tivo intermittently

As the title says really - every now and then, one of my Tivo boxes will announce that the smartcard's invalid.  This has been happening on and off for a few months now, and I was hoping it would go away, but it hasn't.

The aforementioned Tivo box has already had an engineer out to replace the smartcard in it, and I've called numerous times to have a 'signal sent down the line', but still the problem persists.

I can't be doing with waiting ages on the phone to speak to somebody because the weather's too nice, therefore burgers and sausages need burning to a crisp, so could a knowledgeable Virgin representative help me out?

cheers!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Frassin' rassin' 'error 3009' (invalid smartcard) on Tivo intermittently

Hi there johnnyboyc_uk, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you keep getting the error 3009 issue with your TiVo® and I'd like to help you out. 

I've taken a look at things this afternoon and can't see any issues at the moment, however I've a few questions I'd like to ask, so I've sent you a private message in order to get some further information. 

Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Frassin' rassin' 'error 3009' (invalid smartcard) on Tivo intermittently

Hi there johnnyboyc_uk, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you keep getting the error 3009 issue with your TiVo® and I'd like to help you out. 

I've taken a look at things this afternoon and can't see any issues at the moment, however I've a few questions I'd like to ask, so I've sent you a private message in order to get some further information. 

Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules