Menu
paulypj
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Fox channel struggling to keep up

Why why why more problems?

Tonight I am trying to watch 'Outcast' on Fox channel 157.

Every minute the programme pauses, goes blocky and then catches up. It seems to switch between poor quality and normally quality intermittently.
Every minute it happens, and is very frustrating.

I already have 2 problems being dealt with, already there is another.

This service is ridiculous.

I am seriously considering leaving Virgin as this is far from acceptable in 2016.
Tags (5)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fox channel struggling to keep up

Your issues are all likely to have the same source.

Where are you in terms of an engineer visit to have this investigated?

0 Kudos
paulypj
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In Essex.

Something needs sorting, I was told this new Vivid upgrade would make streaming tv a doddle but it can barely handle 1 tv.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

paulypj wrote:
In Essex.

Something needs sorting, I was told this new Vivid upgrade would make streaming tv a doddle but it can barely handle 1 tv.

You have misunderstood the response from Ernie_C.

He did not mean where are you geographically, he was asking where you are in terms with getting someone to look at your setup.

In other words, since you said above that the earlier problems are being dealt with, he was asking if there had been an engineer visit. What has happened so far in your dealings with VM?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
paulypj
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Test have been run from VM and apparently the good news is there is nothing wrong with my signal or box.
That is to really good news as it just means the box is not fit for use when it is good.

Half way through the episode, it stopped glitching (freeze frame, blocky and then catches up a second later).
It was doing it in the adverts too.

We pay over £70 a month for tv, Internet and land line phone, so we expect a good service.
You don't buy a brand new car and accept an electric window not working and the headlights working intermittently..

With these super high speeds and large bandwidths I am suprised to have such issues.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

paulypj wrote:
Test have been run from VM and apparently the good news is there is nothing wrong with my signal or box.
That is to really good news as it just means the box is not fit for use when it is good.

Half way through the episode, it stopped glitching (freeze frame, blocky and then catches up a second later).
It was doing it in the adverts too.

We pay over £70 a month for tv, Internet and land line phone, so we expect a good service.
You don't buy a brand new car and accept an electric window not working and the headlights working intermittently..

With these super high speeds and large bandwidths I am suprised to have such issues.

Which suggests that you might need an engineer visit, the remote checks do not neccessarily pick up all problems.

Either call in again and ask for a visit or wait here for a member of the VM Forum team to respond. Since this is primarily a customer forum, that might take a day or two.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
paulypj
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok.

Hopefully they get back to me soon to arrange. (I have chased up with previous problem handler)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulypj

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay in getting to your thread.

I'd like to take a look at this from our end and arrange for action to be taken is necessary but I've not been able to locate your account details using your forum information unfortunately.

So that I can take a closer look, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos