Menu
CapricornCaz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

For last 5 days catch up tv not available

For past few days we have been trying to watch catchup from a programme on Monday - keep getting the message service unavailable go to virginmedia/servicestatus to see any problems

None there - so what do I do?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: For last 5 days catch up tv not available

Hi there CapricornCaz, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue accessing the Catchup TV service at the moment, and I'd also like to welcome you to the forums. 

I'd like to ask are you getting this error no matter what you are trying to watch, or is it just one show?

If it is just the one show, then please let me know what show you're having issues viewing. 

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
CapricornCaz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We were trying to watch Person of Interest on Catchup from Tuesday 00:00 30th April - but I can't watch any Channel 5 catchup.   After 2 days of trying I reported this on 150 on Friday when lady said other people have to report it but if still same in 48 hours ring again???    No problem in our area on website. Saturday I see that another programme on Channel 5 couldn't be watched - Waking Dead I think from memory - service status reported a problem in our area which should be fixed by 4pm.     Sunday morning service status was green - no problems so I tried again - still the same 6167 error  Service not available.   So rang 150 again.    Didn't get to speak to anyone before the recorded voice said it looks like an engineer is on the way hold on to arrange a suitable time.   When I got through to a human he told me I didn't need an appointment as it was an area problem.    So hopefully they may fix it.    

But I just feel that this is a ridiculous situation - surely 1 person has to make you aware of a problem - you don't wait until how many  - 35? have rung before you investigate???   Someone has to start the ball rolling   I had run tests from status service and it said oops give us 10 minutes - I had reset box about 10 times.   It's just a frustrating system - I have been with Virgin for 3 years now with 2 hefty price hikes - yes I know I am going to get faster broadband but it would be nice not to feel isolated when you have a problem 

We have now missed any chance of watching this catchup on our tv.  What's the point of the service status if it's not reflecting what people are reporting - or is it that one single report is not to be believed even if the test run from the service status page encounters a problem?

Hopeful it may be resolved soon - this is one of your main advertising strengths catchup tv - it has to work 

jadeoh
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi  

I have  a TIVO box and when on go on "catch up TV" I too have no channel 5 programs listed to be able to watch.  When I go on service status page there are no issues.   All other channels work just fine.

I've rebooted the box and this has made no difference. When you call to report this they always make  out its an issue with your particular TIVO box when 99% of the time it a national/local issue.

Can you advise what is going on as its very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jadeoh

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencinga t the moment. Are you receiving an error code when you try to access the On Demand content?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos