Menu
hermeneut
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Food Network UK picture quality

Am I the only one who is appalled by the pixelated hell that is Food Network UK? My wife is a fan of the channel and would rather watch it on her iPad than television (and no, I don't have a huge TV). Is there any chance of the bit-rate being increased to improve this channel's picture quality? It is almost unwatchable at present.
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Food Network UK picture quality

I have just checked the channel and the picture quality is perfect for me. Could the problem you are having be a signal issue with your box(?)
0 Kudos
hermeneut
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If so, it's the only channel in the whole package which breaks up and pixelates when the camera pans. Is this channel unwatchable for anyone else?
0 Kudos
andyland
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I saw this the other day too. Cookery programmes don't usually need much bandwidth to transmit as they very rarely have fast moving images. This means the accountant at Food Network can get away with paying for very little bandwidth - but when the camera pans etc it can look awful. I suspect Virgin re-transmit the satellite feed so you'd be better off contacting the channel direct as I suspect this is where the problem may lie.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi hermeneut,

Thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear the picture quality on Food Network UK isn't very good.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. I can see the downstream power level of your TV box is out of range. This could very well be the cause of your problem and needs an engineer to investigate further.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
hermeneut
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich_B,

Have PM'ed you. I look forward to hearing from you.
0 Kudos