Menu
Roboxyz
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Foggy picture

I have changed my TV for a larger screen, I can now see that the signal from my 20 year old indoor aerial is far superior picture quality than the picture from my TiVo box.

I have checked the TiVo  setting is on 1080, the comparison is on the hd channels. Is there a fix for this problem?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Foggy picture

Have you connected it with an HDMI cable or are you still using a scart lead?

If you are still using a scart you need to remove it and use an HDMI cable

0 Kudos
Roboxyz
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The connection is HDMI, I had the connection in HDMI 1/ Act, I has moved the connection to HDMI 2 that is also a 1080 input, the picture quality has improved but not to the as good as the aerial signal.

The TVs is a Sony Bravia KDL 40w705

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roboxyz

I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV picture at the moment, I've not been able to accurately locate your account to take a look at the set top box from our end  unfortunately.

So I'm able to take a closer look, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Have you been able to try another HDMI cable at all? Or another HD device (like a DVD player) using the same cable and HDMI port on your TV? To eliminate the cable and the TV as a potential cause of these picture issues.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos