Menu
fixerman
Superfast
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Five days now without my tivo

Last Friday I reported that my Tivo would not start. It just keeps displaying "Starting Up". I was told by the agent that my fault would be dealt with within 48 hours maximum. Since then I have heard nothing and the fault still remains. If I call up to try to speak to someone I just get the automatic box resetting option. 

This is not a quality service and it's a shoddy way to treat a long time customer.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Five days now without my tivo

It sounds like your box needs replacing although you could try turning it off then on. 

Pits worth checking the VM website to see if the orbiter is a network one rather than your box. There will be an estimated time of fixing it if so. 

If none of that works the quickest thing is to ring again and ask for an engineer. (I can't remember which option to choose to get a human but persevere you will get one). If you wait on here for a mod it could take a while before they see your post. 

0 Kudos
ASHMARK
Up to speed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had a major problem a couple of years back.  So based on my experience I would advise the following:

1.  get the engineer as soon as you get it offered to you

2. when she or he visits tell them nicely that you are unhappy and you are expecting a complete fix.  They are generally very helpful but they do watch the clock a bit

3. I would also get in touch with the complaints section (see https://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZON...

They will have a higher level of human being contact you and you should get a direct line and name for that person and ask for a refund.

As was said before -you may need a new box so maybe when you make the complaint or re contact them to confirm the appointment, clearly state that they you expect a complete fix when they come.

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It sounds like your box needs replacing although you could try turning it off then on. 

Pits worth checking the VM website to see if the orbiter is a network one rather than your box. There will be an estimated time of fixing it if so. 

If none of that works the quickest thing is to ring again and ask for an engineer. (I can't remember which option to choose to get a human but persevere you will get one). If you wait on here for a mod it could take a while before they see your post. 

0 Kudos
fixerman
Superfast
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have gone through all the turning on and off while on the phone with the agent last Friday. He assured me that there was a fault and it would be rectified within 48 hours. There is not any local network fault as all other Tivo boxes in the area are working ok. I'll have another go at making telephone contact but it just seem stop keep going to where they do the remote resetting of the box.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In that case engineer defo reqd. I'm sorry I can't help with option to press! It's a while since I had to phone. There is a talk to someone option though that I do know. Maybe it goes to the option you had when the helpline is closed? 

0 Kudos
fixerman
Superfast
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I finally got through to an agent who had very poor English and the best he could do for me is to send an engineer on April 27th. That means my Tivo will have been out of service for almost two weeks. I really don't think that is good enough!

0 Kudos
derek2032
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Fixerman, Also get some cash compensation,  as well. As you are not getting your full service, you're paying for.

Been having trouble with our iplayer/catchup service as well (and Netflix).

Hope yours gets sorted soon.

0 Kudos
ASHMARK
Up to speed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had a major problem a couple of years back.  So based on my experience I would advise the following:

1.  get the engineer as soon as you get it offered to you

2. when she or he visits tell them nicely that you are unhappy and you are expecting a complete fix.  They are generally very helpful but they do watch the clock a bit

3. I would also get in touch with the complaints section (see https://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZON...

They will have a higher level of human being contact you and you should get a direct line and name for that person and ask for a refund.

As was said before -you may need a new box so maybe when you make the complaint or re contact them to confirm the appointment, clearly state that they you expect a complete fix when they come.

fixerman
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I have used the link to submit a complaint by email. I decided not to use the telephone even though they suggested it. I find the agents who deal with telephone issues are ill equipped to deal with customer complaints.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi fixerman

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account and can confirm the appointment is the soonest we have available at the moment, my apologies for not being able to get someone out sooner.

I'd love to hear how it goes and I'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos