Menu
RPriestley86
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

First Time Installation

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do the First Time Installation on my Tivo box but it keeps failing on the "Connecting" part.

The engineer came but wasn't able to set it up for me as I didn't have a TV at the time. I've now tried 15 times. Resetting the box, unplugging it for 10, 20 & 30 seconds etc.

Any ideas?

I currently don't have a landline phone or mobile so I am unable to call Virgin Media.

Kind Regards,

Richard.

0 Kudos
CD2015
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: First Time Installation

I have a very similar problem, with the TIVO stopping at step one and giving me a 7001 connection error.

I've made my own post so as not to hijack yours - if i get an answer I will share it in case it is helpful for your issue!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

More than likely a signal level issue on both counts.

Most TiVO self-installs will work quite happily, but if your signal levels are borderline & need adjustment a tech visit will be required. Install engineers don't need a TV to be connected in order to do these tests, as they have test equipment in their vans that they can use to do these checks. So more than likely the engineer that installed the OP's box was either running late, or was just assuming the levels were correct.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
RPriestley86
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We've just realised the tech guy hasn't left us a card for the box or a telephone number.

Rich.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The majority of TiVO boxes don't require viewing cards now. These are only required for the VHD & legacy boxes. I would give 150 a call (0345 454 1111 if you don't have the VM phone service) & make sure the box is activated on the system. You may need the confirm the serial number of the TiVO.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RPriestley86,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® box hasn't been working for you.  I can see that you've had an engineer since, I would love to know how things have gone since.

If you can keep me posted on your current situation, I'll be happy to help if you need me.

I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos