Menu
Pookalilly
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Finally Going To Cancel My Package Only Because You Tube Still Not Fixed - I'm Exhausted!

Another post about the Virgin YouTube app saga!

I have regularly been in contact with Virgin Support and I am at the end of my tether. The new You Tube app is still not working on my Tivo box. Engineers have been umpteen times and all the equipment is fine. They keep on telling me it's a "software problem" in my area and there is no point in in them coming out anymore. Phone support informs there is a problem in my area and I subscribed to email and text messaging for updates. I got this message today:

Hello,

You have asked us to keep you up to date on the problem which is affecting your TV service(s).

Fault Ref: F003858430

This problem has now been fixed.

The Virgin Media Team

P.S. We don't pick up emails from this mailbox, so please don't reply to this email address.

However the problem with the YouTube app still persists. i.e. choppy audio and the visuals keep freezing. I enjoy watching documentaries but this is not possible with these problems. I pay a lot each month for my package and have been with Virgin from the Diamond Cable era but I think I may well cancel the whole package due to these shenanigans as  I mainly have the package for YouTube viewing. I've seen YouTube work flawlessly on other platforms and it makes me wonder if I'm suffering from misplaced loyalty to Virgin?!

The rest of the Virgin package is great needless to say.

I suppose I'll give it one more week!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Finally Going To Cancel My Package Only Because You Tube Still Not Fixed - I'm Exhausted!

Hi Pookalilly,

Thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear of this ongoing problem with YouTube.

As you know, the fault has been closed down. I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. All the signal levels on the TiVo® box are fine. I've checked the usage in your area and this is below specification.

What times of day do you use YouTube?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Pookalilly
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Finally Going To Cancel My Package Only Because You Tube Still Not Fixed - I'm Exhausted!

Hi thanks for the reply.

I'm happy that the majority of the community are happy with their YouTube app,that the problem is now almost not manifest anywhere and that the problem is closed for most people. However unfortunately the problem does persist for me. It doesn't seem to matter what time of day I use the app for the problems to happen. Last night I watched a documentary and the visuals/audio were all choppy and at times I lost all audio and had to rewind to replay the parts I had missed. As a test I just watched a part of another documentary and for about two minutes the streaming was perfect but after this the choppiness returned and seems to get worse as the streaming progresses.

My information from the engineers who recently came out to assess the problems (no equipment/signal problems were found) is that others in my area were also experiencing the same problem and that it was an ongoing software teething problem. I even had a network engineer come to my house who said nearly the same thing.

Can things be fixed and I'd be happy with the Virgin package and service I have?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Have got exactly the same problems and have been given the exact same information.

This doesnt help as many of us are still suffering the YouTube disgrace.

We have all had our signals checked and engineers say its fine. My latest info is that somewhere up the line it is going to be investigated again!

How long this nonsense is going to continue is anybody's guess.

When will VM actually give us some proper information as to the progress on this.

The amount of money they must be wasting sending engineers and checking signals must be considerable.

The problem is obviously more serious and further up the management line.

0 Kudos
TH1985
Joining in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Join the club!

I'm in exactly the same boat!

Been having problems with Youtube stuttering Issues for ages.

This is the response that I got:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/Youtube-Stuttering-Problems-on-TiVo-Still-Happening/td-p/28...

It's just unacceptable that we are paying a TV Package and it is unusable!!!!!

0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Why would you pay all that money each month if you "mainly have the package for YouTube viewing"? You should just get a £30 chromecast or similar for the youtube and pay nothing per month.

cruising
Superfast
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It looks like the response is standard from VM.

I dont really buy this bit about local traffic demand as there are so many posters whose signals are fine apart from YouTube and all the other services dont suffer from traffic.

Although some of the Moderators are saying that there is an ongoing investigation, it is by no means an answer that is consistently given.

If it is true why hasnt the message appeared on the app (as in recent months) or on the service status faults.

Are they just ignoring the comments in the hope they will go away?

or is there something seriously wrong with Tivo software uppdate that they have failed to anticipate and may need unforseen expense to fix.

0 Kudos
Pookalilly
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I like watching YouTube on a telly. I suppose I could always attach a pc or something similar to the TV itself, which is something I'm considering.

0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Fact remains that  VM should not be providing a service that contains the faults that are plaguing this app.

The customer has the right to use it or not use it.

VM still has the responsibility of ensuring that a product at least works properly.

0 Kudos
TH1985
Joining in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Adrianm758 - I don't use the Youtube Channel as the main part of my TV Package. If the Youtube Channel was my main reason - then I would cancel my package straight away.

However, as the Youtube Channel is part of TiVo and the TV Package that anyone who is subscribed to them and it has been unusable for the last few months, customers who are experiencing difficulties have the right to bring this issue up and state their case.

Cruising - You are absolutely right, We will have to wait and see.............

A Chromecast is a possability alternative, it may have to come to that if Virgin Media people would be more supportive/helpful!!!!!

0 Kudos