Menu
Lesley40
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fed Up with Tivo

We had a new Tivo box about Oct 16. To be honest, it's been a real disappointment since we had it. Our old box was much more responsive and a lot easier to navigate.  Whilst I appreciate that's it's supposed to do so much, it's just an example of techies trying to be clever - instead of thinking about the consumer.  It's slow to respond between channels, and watching on-demand is just painful, and now catch up is "unavailable" again! Seriously, come on Virgin Media - get your act together - you charge enough for your service.

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fed Up with Tivo

From what I have seen, the Tivo box is slower and less responsive than Sky+ and BT TV boxes and I get the impression it is unlikely to change. The new V6 box appears to be a lot better but will likely cost you to upgrade.
If you clear and reset the Tivo very regularly it may help but not a lot and not permanent.
0 Kudos
Lesley40
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vircom

Ok - I'm not paying for a bloody upgrade that's for sure!  Out of interest, I actually still have our previous box, can I just swap it out - I know that I'll loose some functionality.... but at least it's responsive and actually works.

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I doubt that the old box will work because it was probably removed from your account when your new Tivo was supplied. I think that you could give it a try however as all you need to do is swap the coax cable to the old box. If it does not work just reconnect the Tivo. I very much doubt that Virgin would agree to the swap as I think that the old V boxes are now discontinued.
0 Kudos