Menu
keitheds
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Faulty TIVO box

I've just reported a faulty TIVO box (stuck in the startup loop), and have tried all suggestions regarding unplugging/restarting etc to no avail.

Callcentre rep informs me that they can arrange an engineer visit - but in 8 days time!!!! What the hell are we supposed to do in the meantime????

This is not good service AT ALL! 

V.M. have the gall to put the prices up twice in less than 12 months for this kind of service??? it's absurd! 

If i dont get an engineer by saturday then I'm leaving Virgin!

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty TIVO box

whats the issues your experiencing is it stuck or blue light flashing any channels giving issues forum team can take a look at this for you
0 Kudos
keitheds
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The box just wont get past the "Starting Up' message, and it tries to restart itself again - gets to the message, and starts again.....

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like it's a fault some where along the line forum team can investigate what's happening they will test the box jonni
0 Kudos
keitheds
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

no they cant because it won't start up! And they say they havent got any engineers available for 8 days! It's absolutely ridiculous! And they have the gall to put up the price twice in the space of 12 months!
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You do surprise me forum team can't help in any way you can't have a box which you can't live with engineers not available because it's December time because it's a busy time for them
0 Kudos
keitheds
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why should the time of year make a difference?
They obviously dont have enough engineers, despite the 2 price hikes in less than 12 months! where does this extra money go? the Cable modem/router is also pretty poor - the 5g and 2g wifi signals constantly take it in turns to go down, there are periods where I have to restart it about 3-4 times a day! Fed up of calling about it and getting through to an Indian callcentre where none of the reps there could find their own arses with both hands!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello keitheds,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn you're experiencing issues with your TiVo® box.

From the descriptions you have given I would agree that an engineer would be the best option and I would like to arrange this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ritchf
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This happened to me too, it took the engineer 7 days to arrive! I complained to retentions and negotiated £10 a month discount and a £50 inconvenience refund.

the strange thing is, when I chatted to the engineer when he arrived, he said he didn't understand what was going on as he was being told to finish early on some days as the scheduling was all over the place..

Ritch

0 Kudos