Menu
gscdking
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Fault with Tivo/signal

TiVo box was replaced 9 days ago. Now at least once a day I get the 'no signal' sign appear when changing channels. Do the service updates page followed by run test and the following appears.                                                 

We're trying to sort it out for you
In about 10 minutes we should have finished, so take a break and then restart your equipment and check to see if all is well. If there's still a problem, please get in touch with us.

After the usual disconnect from power routine everything runs normal to the next time.
However yesterday I rang 150 and asked if an Engineer might be the answer but because they could not detect a problem from their end I was refused an Engineer call out.
The above message appears every time I run test on Tivo.
I am running out of patience to be honest and don't appear to be getting the service I am paying for.
Anybody got any suggestions because if this carries on Sky will be getting a new customer.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault with Tivo/signal

gscdking wrote:

TiVo box was replaced 9 days ago. Now at least once a day I get the 'no signal' sign appear when changing channels. Do the service updates page followed by run test and the following appears.                                                 

We're trying to sort it out for you
In about 10 minutes we should have finished, so take a break and then restart your equipment and check to see if all is well. If there's still a problem, please get in touch with us.

After the usual disconnect from power routine everything runs normal to the next time.
However yesterday I rang 150 and asked if an Engineer might be the answer but because they could not detect a problem from their end I was refused an Engineer call out.
The above message appears every time I run test on Tivo.
I am running out of patience to be honest and don't appear to be getting the service I am paying for.
Anybody got any suggestions because if this carries on Sky will be getting a new customer.

Looks like a bog standard message to me. Test then re-start. I wonder if the test is finding anything at your end. Does the "No Signal" message relate to the TiVO box, or to the TV. Try turning the TV to the HDMI channel the TiVO is connected too with the TiVO powered off. If you get the  same message then it may be the TV or the HDMI cable that is actually the issue.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
gscdking
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply.

The message orange triangle with ! appears after run test on box on service status page (even if the front page is all green ticks). I also have a HD box -  when test on this no problems.

I have swapped HDMI cables and swapped from HDMI 1 to 2.No change.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi gscdking,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I'd like to run some diagnostics on your TiVo® box but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details from you.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
gscdking
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Another new box today. 

Decided to update it self 20 mins after Engineer left now stuck on update 1 of 3

4 calls to 150 no help. Have realised Engineer didn't replace smart card.

v box playing up now flashing blue heart and message about new smart card and follow instructions which I don't have!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi gscdking,

Thanks for keeping us up to date!

I'm really sorry the appointment didn't go well. I can see you have a Senior Technician booked to sort it out for you.

Let me know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you need anything.

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
gscdking
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVo problem looks like it's sorted ( fingers crossed, touch wood don't want to tempt fate)

TV anywhere - keep trying delete app reload app changed password no luck yet.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi gscdking,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues you know where to find us. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos