Menu
PeterT26
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Fault C130 on both Catch Up & On Demand Services

My Tivo box is yet again showing that I have the fault C130 on both my ''Catch Up'' and ''On Demand services''. This problem has now lasted 3 days.

I am located in Oxted, Area 20. Is this a fault that all my area is experiencing or just on my Tivo Box?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault C130

Hi PeterT26,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this error right now, I can see you have contacted us since it would be great to know how things are today Smiley Happy

I hope all is alright now for you.  Should you still need us for anything, don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
PeterT26
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault C130

Thank you for your reply.

When your engineer inspected our installation he stated that there was not a fault with our Tivo box or the coaxial cable connection.

It was indicated that the fault may be within your distribution network as upgrading was taking place in our area.

It would be helpful if Virgin Media could inform their clients when upgrade work was taking place.

I have received numerous e-mails from Virgin  suggesting that I should enter into a new ''Bigger Bundle'' agreement. Because of the POOR SERVICE I am currently getting I am considering to moving over to a other TV Broadband provider.

Peter

I  

0 Kudos
PeterT26
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault C130 YET AGAIN

Hi Collette T

When the Virgin engineer inspected my Tivo installation he found NO fault with my equipment.

In fact before he had arrived at my home the Catch Up and On Demand features had come back into operation,

I wish to report that YET AGAIN the Catch Up and On Demand became un-operational on Sunday evening.

I am of the opinion that it is a fault with the Virgin service you are providing from your local exchange to my home that causes this irritating problem.

Please advise me if this a common fault in my Area 20 (Oxted)

Peter 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I have contacted one of our fault support teams to check this thoroughly for us and they have checked out the network side of things and we're unable to see any network issues causing this error right now. 

The only thing we have found is that there is an issue with the Return Path SNR will impact On Demand/Catch Up services.  This is something an engineer would need to come back out and fix for you.  

I have contacted the engineer department and spoke with the area field manager and have advised there was an issue at the time of the last visit but there's no network issues present at the moment.  I wanted to check this out first before arranging a further engineer visit.

I will send you a private message with further information, look for the envelope icon above.

Collette. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
PeterT26
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

Could you please arrange for one of your senior engineers to visit our Virgin installation at 26 Detillens Lane, Oxted RH8 0DJ on  a ''4.00 pm - 7 pm slot'' one evening soon, but NOT on Wednesday 23rd March. Should your engineer be in our area one day soon we may be able to accept his visit as we are retired BUT are in and out of our home numerous times during the day. Perhaps this could be arranged over the phone.

The 'On Demand' and 'Catch Up features ( Fault 130) are currently still NOT working even though I have rebooted the Tivo box several times yesterday and today.

My mobile number is {Mobile Number removed}.

I look forward to hearing when your engineer will be able to visit.

Regards

Peter Tindell

0 Kudos
PeterT26
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

I forgot to mention in my last e-mail about my C130 Fault that I was watching a programme on ''Catch Up'' BBC-iplayer when it stopped and scrolled around.

I tried to ''go back'' which often works but this failed.

I then ascertained that the fault C130 had occurred and this is a on going situation. 

Peter

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peter as a pensioner myself I think it slightly unwise to put out on what is a very public forum. All your personal details full address etc, better to use a secure virgin web site, or better still phone where they ask security questions. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
PeterT26
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

LittleMick

Many thanks for your comments

I was VERY naive to do so.!!!

I have never used an Open Forum before and this was the ONLY I can get Virgin Media to react!!

We always put the burglar alarm on anyway!

Peter

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I will now send you a private message with further details of the engineer appointment.  Look for the envelope icon above, click on it and you will see my message there.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Collette.

0 Kudos