Menu
PeterMcC
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Failure to fix TV service

I have lost programme information, catch up and on demand on both my Tivo and second set top box. I gave it two days before acting because there was a TV service fault in our area which turned out not to be the problem.

I spent half an hour running the web-based diagnostics to no avail, spent a further half hour trying to speak to the help line, again with no success, and then over an hour and a half in a web-based text chat at the end of which I was told that there was no fault found and that I should re-try the TV after a while.

I said that I was expecting a little more than being left with multiple faults and was then offered a technical visit today (Saturday) between 12.00 and 16.00. I gave my mobile phone number so that the engineer could contact me. I waited in all afternoon and received neither a visit nor a telephone call.

So, my question is, what should be my next move? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failure to fix TV service

Hi PeterMcC,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble using the On Demand service on the boxes right now, I'd like to help check this out and help fix this for you.

I have checked out the previous area fault and that has since been resolved, so this shouldn't be an issue anymore.  Are you still having problems accessing Catch Up & On Demand today?  If so, is it still affecting both boxes?

If it is, if you can tell me more about what happens when you use Catch Up or On Demand, if you get any error messages, codes etc.  

One thing that may help if you're still getting On Demand troubles is to carry out a service connection on the TiVo®.   To do this follow these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > NETWORK > CONNECT TO MY VIRGIN MEDIA SERVICE NOW

This process will take up to a few minutes to complete. Once done, re-try the On Demand or Catch Up and let me know if this has helped.

I'm here if you need me, keep me posted.

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
PeterMcC
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Catch up now working. On demand menu is appearing now but all the categories, when selected, say that there are no programmes available.

Your interest is appreciated; however, having spent — and it's no exaggeration — over seven hours trying to get this sorted, I'm not prepared to spend any more time on it.

I realise that it's not your fault and thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeterMcC,

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry that you've had a poor experience in getting this issue resolved, this is not what we like to hear.

If you do change your mind at any point, don't hesitate to give us a shout.  We're here to help in anyway we can.

In regards to the 'no programmes available' a service connection as mentioned above will help cure this for you.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
PeterMcC
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I did a service connection earlier and that's when the Catch Up reappeared but no programmes under the On Demand menu on either the Tivo or second box.

No need to take any action, I'm just replying so that you're aware of the current situation.

Regards

0 Kudos
PeterMcC
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All services back to normal.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeterMcC,

Thanks for the update and I'm pleased all is ok now for you.

Thanks for getting back to me.  I hope you have a lovely Easter Week end.

All the best.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos