Menu
chriswood
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Failed partial recordings + general slowness

I have an original TiVo box (can't remember exactly how long I've had it but we got it as soon as TiVo became available). It's always been slow to respond to input, load menus, load apps, etc. Recently it feels like it has become gradually worse to the point that using it is incredibly frustrating. Apps like iPlayer, YouTube, Netflix are really too slow to use. I have to use other hardware like my Playstation to access things like iPlayer. Just navigating the menus has become unacceptably slow too. On top of this, I'm now seeing recordings failing regularly with no information in the failed recordings screen. It will record the first 10-15 minutes only, with the recording saying "partial" in the duration info. Again, it has always failed to record the occasional programme, I don't expect 100% reliability, but this has become far worse recently. What do I do? This box is seriously old and the hardware was barely up to the job when I got it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failed partial recordings + general slowness

Hi Chriswood Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming to the Community.

when the recordings don't go to plan it can be a bit of an unpleasant surprise when you return home or just looking to cover some channels. 

I've been testing the TiVo and I can see that your downstream power levels are a touch high. With no outages in the are for the TV I'd really like to help and get an engineer out to you. Can you please check your 'Inbox'?

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
chriswood
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chriswood,

Thank you for coming to the Community and letting me help your firstly. 

I can see that you've already had an engineer out and I'm just wondering how everything went with the visit?

Jump back in and let the Community know and if there's anything that i can help you with please let me know.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos