Menu
BeeJay1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Extending TiVo to other rooms

My TiVo was installed last week and is working OK apart from some pixellation on Catchup which Josh is sorting.  If I want to get additional TiVo boxes can I extend the service using powerline adapters?  I have three and they work just fine in this house.  Also, I do have some spare routers - could these be used instead of paying for more TiVo boxes or would that be impractical?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Extending TiVo to other rooms

All TiVos have to have their own co-ax connection to the Virgin Media cable network.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

All TiVos have to have their own co-ax connection to the Virgin Media cable network.

0 Kudos
BeeJay1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I thought that would be the case - was just hoping to avoid yet more black cables on the external brickwork, not pretty.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BeeJay1 wrote:

My TiVo was installed last week and is working OK apart from some pixellation on Catchup which Josh is sorting.  If I want to get additional TiVo boxes can I extend the service using powerline adapters?  I have three and they work just fine in this house.  Also, I do have some spare routers - could these be used instead of paying for more TiVo boxes or would that be impractical?

Alternatively get some Now TV boxes (which will use the powerline adapters), Roku/Fire TV Sticks, Chromecasts etc. and stick them in the other rooms.  Or just rig up a couple of laptops and sign them onto TV Anywhere.  It will save you the £15 installation fee and the £7.50 monthly fee per TiVo box.  

0 Kudos
BeeJay1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks for those suggestions  ATM I have no idea how any of those bits of kit work but I'll get reading.

0 Kudos