Menu
Fedup66
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Existing Customer just been offered a Tivo Box

I am an existing customer and have been since about 2007. Last week I contacted Customer Services as not happy with impending increase in the services (TV/Internet/Phone). I was offered a customer loyalty discount if I agreed to another 12 month contract which I agreed to. The advisor then spoke about a Tivo box, I said I had the original equipment as installed at beginning of contract and he said he would arrange to send me a Tivo box. I advised that this was talked about two years ago when VM were imposing yet another increase and I was told at that time it would cost me more and so I declined their offer. Advisor said they did not charge now it was free. I again went through what we had agreed I would be paying from 20th January 2016 and asked if I had to pay for the Tivo box and advisor said no. So I asked again that as of 20th January what  would i be paying each month and then agreed to him sending a Tivo box. It arrived and also a letter from VM confirming the monthly service charge which agreed with the figure discussed earlier last week.  But at the bottom of the service contract there is listed "Other items & Charges" totalling £50. Has anyone else had this experience and does this mean VM is going to charge me another £50 this next month on top of the service charge agreed?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Existing Customer just been offered a Tivo Box

Unless the change to your contract exactly coincided with your normal billing date, you will get one-off adjustment charges, as services are billed a month in advance.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unless the change to your contract exactly coincided with your normal billing date, you will get one-off adjustment charges, as services are billed a month in advance.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Fedup66
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. At no time was this discussed or did I agree to paying £50 to VM. Will take this up with their Customer Services.
0 Kudos
Fedup66
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contacted VM customer services re extra £50 charge on free supply of a Tivo Box. A charge had been been added to the next bill for a broken and replaced telephone socket. Coincidence cost of price increase almost £48pa & cost of socket £50. I let you draw your own conclusions as VM gave a £6 pm royalty bonus. Were they trying to cover some of the liss of revenue? They say they will charge it on the next bill but also credit it on the same bill. Can't wait fir next bill to come in and see what they actually do.
0 Kudos