Menu
peterh87
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ever so slow Tivo

My Tivo box is extremely slow and I mean slow when I want the menu, catch up, Red button, my shows etc, this is my second box which was replaced in November.

I've had the help desk checking but everything is fine, I've tried ideas that have been posted i.e  thumb down, thumb up, play twice, this seems to make the menu's a fraction faster but not catch up or red button services.

I was told by the help desk that a future update would solve the problem, the current software installed is: 20.5.7.RC24-VMC-2-C00 could you tell me if this is up to date please.

Regards Peter

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ever so slow Tivo

Unfortunately if you have the basic TiVo (i.e. not the V6) then your problem isn't going to go away. The TiVo just can't cope with the new software and as a result runs painfully slow.

Your options are upgrade to the V6 or persevere with the TiVslow, I can confirm the V6 is massively quicker than the TiVo. 

peterh87
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the info, there seems to be an offer on for the V6 of a one off £65 in your opinion is it worth it or switch to Sky?
0 Kudos
vwt5
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

switch to sky,why should you pay for a new v6 just to make their service work as it should,

absolutely disgusting i reckon,

HavencroftKev
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Honestly...

I'd switch to Sky, yes the V6 is super quick but it is by no means perfect and has loads of "teething" problems.

I think i'd be with Sky if I was allowed a dish on my property.

0 Kudos