Menu
penelopemills
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Error message 7400

I have just had Virgin media connected. Broadband is working fine, as is the phone, but when I turn on Tivo I get the message 'Sorry, there seems to be a problem. To fix this please call us ....'. The code on the error is 7400.

The only channels available are 1-5 but this error is floating on screen throughout. I can't access any of the other channels.

I've tried rebooting, clearing the entire data and starting again etc but nothing has worked so far. Any help appreciated. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error message 7400

Hi penelopemills,

Welcome and thanks for coming along here to post with us. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your DTV service.

I've managed to locate your details and it looks like you've managed to call in already to get this sorted. Let us know how you get on and if you have any further queries we're here for you.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Mrsowen83
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning, I woke up this morning to this exact same message any ideas why?.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrsowen83,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

This error can occur for various reasons.  I have taken an initial look at your box remotely and I wasn't able to get a full reading.

For this issue, if you give our team a call on 150 Free from any Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.  Alternatively you can chat to our online team via Contact Us.

Contact our team and we can check this out for you.  
Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mrsowen83
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Smiley Happy

I've ring and been told that it's not due to be activated untill the 4th of May when an engineer comes to look at my upstairs box as I have multi room! I have just moved into the property but as there is already Virgin here I rang wed and since then have been had all my to and internet working untill this morning where I'm now being told I can't watch it untill the 4th! But surely if I've been watching it already I can do now?

If I take multi room off my package will this make a difference and could I then do a quick start and again start watching my package,

As it is I have come to Virgin from sky and have only had the account 4 months ish and I've only had 1 months of uninterrupted viewing! I'm paying a lot of money to use nothing.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrsowen,

Welcome back to the Community and thank you for updating us. I would suggest giving our Customer Care team a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111 as there may be options to do this for you and if there has been some cancellations a sooner appointment. 

Speak to you again soon. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos