Menu
michelle2
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Error code c501

Whilst watching back any of the programs recorded, the tivo pauses and then might start again or might not. I t can stop and start again lots of times during any playback. It has done this for about a month now. I have tried turning tivo kn and off but it doesnt help.
For the last few days we also get an error code message c501! please help!!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Error code c501

Hi michelle2,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you've got a C501 error code showing.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. I can see there are power level issues on your devices which could be the cause of the problem.

I'd like to arrange an engineer to investigate and resolve. I'll send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi michelle2,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you've got a C501 error code showing.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. I can see there are power level issues on your devices which could be the cause of the problem.

I'd like to arrange an engineer to investigate and resolve. I'll send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
michelle2
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello sorry I havent replied. Im still having the same problem
I looked for your private but cannot find it. Could you resend please.
Thankyou
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi michelle2,

Thanks for coming back to me. I sent the message on June 6th at 3:04 PM.

I've re-sent it so please click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
magfan09
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This error has appeared on my TiVo this morning when my son tried to access Favourite Apps to watch youtube...

Restarted Box via settings and couldn't get through to tech support as error code C501 isn't listed as an option on automated response. Listened to a list of dault codes, any other fault - press 5 on telephone but nothing happens when you press 5!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi magfan09,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® isn't behaving and that you're having trouble getting through to report this.  I'd like to help check this out for you.

Currently I have not been able to locate your account to check this further.  I will send you a private message requesting further details.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
M-Darbz15
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New customer to virgin mobile, already have needed a new TiVo box and now keep getting error code c501with the new one when trying to play recorded programmes. Also, find the the virgin interface really slow, always buffering. Is this normal or am I being unlucky?

0 Kudos