Menu
lyngarth
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Error code C501

Hi

Just a quick question, over the last week or so I have been getting an error code  C501, now it's not every day but 3-4 times a week.

It's only when I try to view any recordings I have made and also  (may be connected or not, I don't know) when I do get to watch my recordings, they seem to have a slight ghost image/outline around anything moving on the screen, almost like a blur.

Have tried a reset, which sorts out the C501 but doesn't help the image when playing back.

So with the error code, is there something I can do to fix this ? and as to the recordings, any ideas on this ?

Many thanks

Lyngarth

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code C501

Hi lyngarth,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're frequently getting this error and also getting a picture issues on your recorded playbacks.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you. 

I have taken a look at your box remotely and I can see an error that may suggest this box isn't fully provisioned correctly our end.  I'd like to check this out firstly as this is preventing me from being able to see the full status of the box.  I'd like you to follow some steps if that's ok?

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SYSTEM INFO > SYSTEM INFO (AGAIN) > Here I'm looking for the 'Virgin Media Service Account Status.  It should show '3: Account in Good Standing'.  

Can you check this for me please and let me know what the status is?

Also, once you have checked this if you don't mind also carrying out a service connection.  To do this follow these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > NETWORK > CONNECT TO THE VIRGIN MEDIA SERVICE NOW

This will take a few minutes normally but can take up to an hour to go through.  Once this has been complete let me if this clears the error for you.

I'm here to help so keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lyngarth
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Have done both as asked.

1st one did show (No3) Account in Good Standing

Second thing took less than a minute but it said all done.

Hope that helps,

Lyngarth

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Fabulous stuff lyngarth and thank you for carrying out those checks for me Smiley Happy

In that case the box is provisioned fine in that case which is great news.

I have taken another look at your box remotely and it does still show me these errors I encountered earlier.  I would like to arrange for an engineer to call round for you if that's ok?

I will send the details in a private message.  Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
AlfKing
Tuning in
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

My tivo has gotten so sloooooowww over last couple of days ( get the broken up polo circle loads when switching between live tv, recorded tv, settings menu etc.), and am getting error code C501 messages galore !!??
Whats going on? tried rebooting but no change - was working fine, think have had software upgrade as got a new series link+ option for recording now?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlfKing Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting your messafge Smiley Happy

I would like to help and have already seen that there is a bit of an issue with the TiVo in your home. Your upstreams need to be adjusted and would need to be sorted by an engineer. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
AlfKing
Tuning in
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ben,
I got your PM note (and responded to that hopefully you have read my response?) before this message. Unfortunately in the PM you did not mention the fact that I required some upstream signal changes! Are you saying I have to have those changes, or is this merely an attempt at a 'stock response' to my tivo's experiencing massive slow down and C501 errors?

Since trying your colleague's suggestion of clearing out my tivo's cache using the Home-Thumbs Dwn-Thumbs Up-Play-Play-Play key combo on my remote my situation has vastly improved - no C501 errors and speed almost back to pre-update levels. WHY ISN'T THIS CACHE CLEARING OUT KEY COMBO DOCUMENTED so everyone can try it!!??

Do I still need an engineer to visit to check my upstream levels?
0 Kudos
garypjackson
Tuning in
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

We're just trying this test having failed to access watch again. Stuck at loading information
Using Virgin to stream live radio @ 160kbps
0 Kudos
AlfKing
Tuning in
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I thought this thread had 'died' as nothing seems to have been done by Virgin to address the slowness of everyone's tivo since this damn update !!!! My tivo still exhibits snailpace when going from live to recorded TV and vice versa - even after an engineer attending just to find my signal strength was fine (what a waste of time/money that was!).
Even doing this series of key presses to clean out cache every startup - snailpace returns v.quickly.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi garypjackson,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've located you account and picked up a network issue in your area. This will cause intermittent service for the duration of the fault - Ref (F004879545). The technicians are working to get this sorted as soon as possible and have set a review date of 22nd November.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Josh

0 Kudos