Menu
infamouschris
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error code 319

I have had intermitant service from my on demand services since (wait for it) last September, I call for help and I am given an expected repair date...that is missed and I am given another and another and another and no appology or refund, I tried to complain and I was told they were free services so I shouldn't get a refund, seems it's fine for Virgin to say they have a service and then not give it...what am I expected to do? just sit here and accept that i can't watch films from Sky movies or any on demand from Sky,Living,fox, and others that I only find when I want to watch them!

Today it is on the service status that it's a problem (error code 319) and that it will be fixed on the 21st, anyone want to put a but on that it's not fixed then and the date will change with no apology or explanation?

Come on Virgin either fix the services or stop saying you have them as I have contacted Ofcom (and they said they will look into it)  I honestly want to cancel my contract over this as the fault is bad enough but the way you are totally ignoring customers is even worse!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code 319

Hello infamouschris,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn that you're experiencing issues with the On Demand.

Most of these should of been fixed now but if you're still seeing this error message on any program then please let me know so I can get this raised if it hasn't been already.

Kind regards.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
infamouschris
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code 319

It seems your customer service is as bad in letter form, you told me I had to send a letter of complaint, I did a week ago and I still have no reply, so it seems you don't care about customers unless it's in public, I still have some intermitant issues but would still like a good explanation of why I had the fault from September and had to keep messaging and asking and when you are going to fix it, add onto that the way that your service status had the fault and all you did was just change the date, time and time and time again, is that service?   How can a company your size have a fault for so long and just ignore a paying customer, and of course you would never bother to actually put it down in writing, I asked your fault agents time and time again what the actually fault was as for some reason you are not willing to put the fault down in writing as once you do you actually have to put one fault down and not the different reasons for the issues.

So come on either tell me what the fault was in writing or answer the complaint letter that you told me to write as it seems I am not allowed to leave you even after the fact that you were not able to fix the fault.

0 Kudos
infamouschris
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error code V217

I have been tryign to get help and getting nothibng since September 2016 as I keep trying on demand services and they don't work, I was told to do a formal complaint and I have but I was told to give Virgin 14 days to look into it and that has been and gone as well....so I tried movies again and it seems Virgin has changed the codes but the faults are still there but with error code V217 instead of 319.....I thought i would try and use the live chat service but no shock that that isn't working either.....I checked on the service status and there are four seperate issues in my area and all relating to on demand all with short dates to be fixed but as usual all that happens is the date is just changed and changed and then it is listed as fixed.....the faults are not fixed come on Virgin are you ever going to fix this fault, how can you have a fault from September 2016 and not be able to fix it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code V217

Hi infamouschris, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue with your Catch Up and On Demand service since last year Smiley Sad 

The error codes of C319 and V217 you have reported represent what we call, single asset faults rather than an ongoing network issue. Essentially this means that a single piece of on-demand content is failing and we would refer this back to the content Provider. 

If there is more than one asset failing, this could be why it looks like a network fault. 

We do try and minimise issues such as this by working closely with the content providers. 

I am sorry but we are already doing what we can to help on this. 

What programmes are you having the issues with now?

Come back and let me know so I can check the assets for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos