Menu
blaineyboy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Error after installation

Moved back to my parents and had TiVo added upstairs, downstairs TV is fine but upstairs I've had an error on screen though I get a perfect picture. The engineer said that's normal and will go after 24 hours, it's been over that now. Should I call? On the message it has "7400" bottom right 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error after installation

Yes call. The engineer should have left you with a working system. I guess you could try rebooting but I have no idea if that would work on that error. 

0 Kudos
blaineyboy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tried that, in addition I have no virgin channels on the spare box, just freeview ones. Very frustrating 

0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

blaineyboy wrote:

Tried that, in addition I have no virgin channels on the spare box, just freeview ones. Very frustrating 

That looks like they haven't activated the smart card for it.. worth asking them to check. .or take it out, give it a wipe, [no idea why I said that tho but seems to make sense in my head lol]  and pop it back in to see if that helps

Good luck!

0 Kudos
ice198625
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The box would not work if the smart card was not activated any error on screen does not go away on its own they are there because theres a fault on the drop cable for example dodgy connectors which may of braiding on the copper stinger or the hits have not been sent correctly or delayed i know there was national hit delays the other day and all my jobs had to be staged over to system down time maybe this was one job which wasnt, id phone virgin and ask them to try rehit your equipment and see if it makes a differecne this will need a reboot of all equipment for the hits to take effect

give it a try

(I WORK FOR VIRGIN MEDIA, ALL ADVICE IS MY OWN)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi blaineboy

Sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment, I've been able to locate your account and can see that action has been planned for today to get this resolved.

I'd love to hear how you get on, if you need any assistance moving forward, you know where we'll be Man Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
blaineyboy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just an update. An engineer came out and fixed this yesterday so thankfully that's sorted, apparently the incorrect boxes were installed on Saturday (something to do with the type of connection within the area) and there was not a chance of them ever working. Still got some other niggling problems such as external cable replacement leading up to my house (which is affecting catch up/internet speed etc), work was planned for next week but that has been postponed and no new date for when that will be. In addition, when I moved I was told I would have SkySports HD (was part of a new contract which included cancelling my parents account and taking mine with me) - guess what, that's not on there!!! Phoned customer services who insist I simply add it on and pay the cost instead, so I have asked for the call to be listened back which can take up to a week. I can't say I am pleased when I believe I have specified and had it confirmed back to me I will take ALL of my existing TV package over at an agreed cost, to then find out it's not actually there at all. As you can imagine, my impression of Virgin is not exactly great at the moment. Only time will tell if all my problems get fixed!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi blaineyboy,

Thank you for updating us on your engineer visit.  I'm glad to hear he go it sorted and things moving forward for you.

It's not great to hear though that your issue with the Sky Sports channels hasn't been resolved.  Please keep us posted on how you get on with this, we're here to help if you need us.

All the best.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dezzaster
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Same thing here...error 7400 after installation. Activated over phone [I hope it's been completed as my phone went dead during call] It downloaded software when turned on...

Restarted like 3 times - no luck. Any advice?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dezzaster,

Thank you for visiting the Community for the first time Smiley Happy I'd like to welcome you from the Team and I Smiley Happy

I've been able to look into the TV services and I can't see the box connecting to the network, is this box turned off right now? If it was please pop it on and let me know so I may run a test. 

If the box was turned on at the time of my message, can you please take a look in your 'Inbox'? I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos