Menu
fastbsl
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Error W02 - Missing Channels

Hi,

I could not watch on Channel 601 (BBC News), Channel 604 (BBC News HD) and Channel 605 (BBC Parliament). I am in Derby area and area code is 20.

For strange reason, I can see live subtitle on Channel 604.

Can you look into it by remote access please and let me know what is an issue?

Thank you

Peter

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Error W02 - Missing Channels

I had the same issue here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Tuners-locked-up/m-p/3277750

Unfortunately I think its just a case of restarting the box. I have seen this behaviour before but as I said in my post I wonder whether the changes in RC24 mean this bug is now occurring far more often. Just out of interest do you know how long it has been since your box was rebooted?

Anyone from VM going to comment on this? Before you ask my signal levels should be well within tolerance since the last engineer visit when he renewed junction boxes and the ancient cabling.

Further thought: Interesting that you state you could still see live sub-titles indicating that the tuners are not locked up but in some funny state?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Peter

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently, I've located your account using your forum information and I've run some tests on the set top box form our end for you.

We're not seeing any problems with the box from our end at the moment, I can see you;ve not rebooted the set top box since before your post so if you're still experiencing the issue, try rebooting it as G4DDS has mentionedMan Happy

I'd love to hear how you get on.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had the same issue here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Tuners-locked-up/m-p/3277750

Unfortunately I think its just a case of restarting the box. I have seen this behaviour before but as I said in my post I wonder whether the changes in RC24 mean this bug is now occurring far more often. Just out of interest do you know how long it has been since your box was rebooted?

Anyone from VM going to comment on this? Before you ask my signal levels should be well within tolerance since the last engineer visit when he renewed junction boxes and the ancient cabling.

Further thought: Interesting that you state you could still see live sub-titles indicating that the tuners are not locked up but in some funny state?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Peter

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently, I've located your account using your forum information and I've run some tests on the set top box form our end for you.

We're not seeing any problems with the box from our end at the moment, I can see you;ve not rebooted the set top box since before your post so if you're still experiencing the issue, try rebooting it as G4DDS has mentionedMan Happy

I'd love to hear how you get on.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

fastbsl
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

After our children return to school today, I took my time to read your advice in proper way and tried to reboot TIVO and it work fine now despite I thought I did reboot it before. However I will create new problem regarding poor subtitle on ITV only. Many thank you for your help.
0 Kudos
fastbsl
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

After following to G4DDS advice, I can confirm that I can finally watch Channel 601 (BBC News), Channel 604 (BBC News HD) and Channel 605 (BBC Parliament) . Many thank you for your help.

Peter
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peter

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me about this, I'm glad to hear the reboot helpedMan Happy

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

0 Kudos