Menu
Steveo67
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Error Playing Recording

Hi VM, The family is not happy Harry Potter no longer plays ... Get the following message Error Playing Recording The TiVo box was nor able to record this program because there was no video signal on the channel. You may have been trying to record a channel that you don't receive Press OK to continue Now these are all Harry Potters from December, they have been watched loads and I have checked ITV1 HD is part of my package. So VM whats going on ?
0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Playing Recording

tried a reboot?

might be as easy as that, or not but if it's an internal confusion over the recording it might sort it.

first line of TiVo support - if in doubt, give it a clout

0 Kudos
Steveo67
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes of course its been rebooted ... but its just the same. Any idea VM, can you fix it please ?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steveo67,

Thanks for stopping by and I'm sorry to hear that the recording of Harry Potter isn't working for you.

I will carry out some checks and see what's happening.

I have connected to your box remotely and all looks great with the signal and power levels.  The hard drive status is looking good as well.

Has this happened to more than 1 recording?  If so can you please provide a couple of examples?  The name of the programme,channel it's recorded from etc.

Let me know and I can check further. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Steveo67
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette Thank you for your reply All the Harry Potters that were recorded in December 2014 are affected they were all recorded off ITV1 HD Harry Potter and the philosophers stone Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets Harry Potter and the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 & Part2 There is only 1 Harry Potter that works and that was recorded the other week and that was recorded off normal ITV1 I look forward to hearing from you Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steveo67,

Thanks for the reply and that further info.

I've double checked everything and it all looks good with the box.  I've resent some data down the line to see if we can kick things back in, can you try rebooting again now that I've done that and retest things please?

If that fails, it's possible there's a problem with the hard drive (despite it currently testing OK).  This may be fixable by reformatting (which will wipe it), or it may need a replacement TiVo® box.

Let me know how you get on with that reboot.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Steveo67
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev_B

Thanks for your reply

I rebooted the TiVo box but it was just the same.  Reformatting the drive is just a fudge as not only will we still have no Harry Potter to we wont have any of the other recordings that we have made either.  The same goes with replacing the TiVo box (which is less than a year old because the last one packed in).

So I have done some playing about and I have managed to find a fix for the Harry Potters. All I had to do was:

• Go to "Keep until"
  • Change it to "Keep through" - the I chose the last selectable date which was 12/08
  • Change it back to "Until I delete"

And Bingo Harry Potter plays again and under the little Harry Potter movie poster it now says "Until I delete".  What is funny is I have recordings from older that this that still work perfectly ?

Do you think its a firmware bug ?

0 Kudos
calmeilles
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've had exactly this problem with a significant number of older recordings.

For me playing around I found the following consistently worked on all of them.

1.  Delete the recording.

2.  Go to "Recently Deleted" folder

3.  Highlight the recording and press right >

4.  Select the "Recover this show" option.

5.  Go the "My Shows"

6.  Select restored recording and play.

Obviously I can't make any promises for you, but for me this worked every time.

This was about 30 recordings,  all I think over 15 months old.  I was having a binge watch to clear space and so deleted...  then went back "just in case" which is how I found this.

I have no real evidence but I would guess that a software update did it; possible the "big one" that significantly changed the look of the interface which was about that time.