Menu
denise2912
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Error Code 6096

I am getting this code on many different on demand shows and films.  I have turned the box on and off and reset it but nothing helps and is driving me nuts as this has been happening for 2 months now and I have called the technical department and still happens

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code 6096

Hi there deniese2912, 

I'd like to start by saying that I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue whilst watching on demand.  I'd also like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums.

I've done some investigations my end and can see no reason why you should be experiencing this issue. All things in the local area seem fine, and the TiVo® is not reporting any issues, likewise there is no trouble on the account side of things. 

Are you still experiencing this fault, if so could you please let me know. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
denise2912
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply and yes still getting and also error code 6117 while on demand watching Ricki and the flash and many others.  Its now a case of not being able to watch any film without these error codes which adds to why am I paying for a service I can not enjoy?  I have no idea how to fix this, do you?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Denise2912, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this, I'm sorry to hear that the issue is on going for you. 

I've sent some signals down to your TiVo® which should fix this issue, could you please restart the TiVo® and then wait up to 15 minutes before trying again. 

Please let me know how you get on. 

Cheers.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
denise2912
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have not watched lots of on demand programs due to the lovely weather so have been in the garden but so far it looks positive, I will give it a go today and see where it takes us.  Thank you so much for your help and also you communication which has been step by step so I know that you have been trying to resolve this.  I will let you know how things are but I am hopeful you have worked wonders with this.

Once again thank you

Denise

0 Kudos
evemarine
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Following with interest as we have had similar issues from the start - we often can't use on demand via the tv, and several times have paid for a movie and then been unable to watch it on the day due to unknown errors or getting stuck on a  buffering screen.

Virgin Media- Does this happen due to poor internet speed or is it equipment failure? I ask this as it mainly occurs in the evening.We are nearing the end of our contract, and though we find Virgin's internet more reliable, we never had difficulties with our Sky box/on demand etc. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Denise,

Thanks for the update, I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today for you?  I can see our marvellous @Huw has been helping you out so far which is great to see.

I hope all is well, if you are having any ongoing issues with any errors, let us know and we can check further.

All the best.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi evemarine,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear that you're also getting an error frequently when using On Demand.  I will be happy to have a look at this for you.

I have carried out various checks and all looks great signal/power level wise.  I have also had a look at the network side of things to check for possible high demand and all looks fine there too.

Can you please get back to me with the following details:

* Last date/time of error.

* What error message/code did you get?

* Does a reboot fix the issue at the time the error occurred? 

* Name of programme/movie last ordered.

If you can please reply with the requested information I can look into this further for you.  Keep me posted Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
evemarine
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I will take note and get back to you, we haven't bean using the tv for films or demand much lately because of the problem, so will let you know.

0 Kudos
denise2912
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for checkin in, it does seem that it maybe a case of a few of the films are perhaps corrupt and thats a cause as well and through time we will be able to check out whats watchable and not.  The service from Huw was great.

Thank u

0 Kudos