Menu
Rothmans
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Error Code 3011

Ugh , I hate technology.  I have moved into rented accommodation.  The previous landlord had virgin in 2 different rooms which meant two different virgin wall sockets.  I brought my Tivo with me and when the engineer's turned up, they hooked up my existing box.  When they looked at the 2nd room, they said it was all set up and ready to go, I just needed to order a 2nd box, which I did.

When I try to connect the 2nd box , using the cables into the existing wall socket in room 2, it comes up with 2 ticks on the set up but then stalls on the 3rd one (IP configuration) from memory.  Then brings up the error code 3011 (I think, from memory). 

I am loathe to ring up the helpline , they were quite awkward & rude last time, mainly because I don't know my co-axials from my splitters, and I cant afford to take a day off work with another engineer visit (the engineer's said on their first visit they definitely don't need to come back for the 2nd box).  Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Rothmans
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code 3011

Oops it was error code 7011!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code 3011

Hi Rothmans

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment. 

I've been able to locate and check your account, we're not seeing anything out of the ordinary at the moment although we'd like to clear security to speak with you to try a few things. The quickest way of doing that is by giving the team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.

Alternatively, I've sent you information in a private message regarding escalating this issue via the forum.

Take care and speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos