Menu
stephen2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Error 7400

After problems trying to persuade the Tivo box to wake up, it is showing error 7400 on the few channels available. This happened a couple of weeks ago and needed a lengthy phone call to India? and several attempts to get it working again. It now seems to have been only a temporary fix and I will have to phone again later when convenient. In the meantime I can use the channels available on the internet to satisfy the grandchildren. Has anyone else experienced this recurring problem and does anyone know what causes it and if there is a DIY solution?

Thank you Stephen

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 7400

Hi stephen2,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this error on your TV service.

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today?  If you're still getting this error, let me know and I can help further.

Keep me posted, I'm here if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dunky6
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Just rejoined Virgin Media and have taken the day off work to get everything up and running.

I have signed up to the XL TV package.

I have two problems, rang Virgin and they are sending an engineer out on Wednesday, although I am not convinced its a problem that requires a visit...

1. All channels bar the non-HD free ones (BBC, ITV, Ch4, Ch5) are greyed out. If I select one I get "Channel Not Subscribed. This channel requires a subscription. To add this channel press OK for more information. (V56)"

2. When I select any channel that is available, there is a box floating around the screen that says "Sorrt, there seems to be a problem. To fix this please call us on 150 from your Virgin Media phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone,. 7400"

So, I have taken a day off, not getting what I paid for, unable to watch any TV because of the box that is floating around and I have to take another day off work on Wednesday for an engineer to visit!!!

Can anyone help me?

On the plus side the broadband is working although only getting 50Mbps of the advertised 'up to 200Mbps'.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi dunky6,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble viewing your channels on the TiVo®, this is not the best start we'd hoped for.  I can see an engineer has called round for you, how are things looking today?  I hope all is working alright for you now, should you  need any further assistance don't hesitate to give me a shout.

I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos