Menu
neecie12
Joining in
Message 1 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Error 7400

Turned on the TiVo box this morning and there's an error saying 'Sorry, there seems to be a problem. To fix this please call us ....'. The code on the error is 7400. We can still watch channels 1-5 but this error is floating around the screen. We can't access any of the other channels.
I've tried rebooting etc but nothing has worked so far. Thought I'd give the forum a go before I call.
Any ideas?
0 Kudos
jlp311
Joining in
Message 2 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 7400

I have exactly the same, error 7400. My TIVO box decided to do an update last night (as I was recording/watching a live program might I add). Now only freeview channels work, and it tells me i'm not subscribed to anything. 

0 Kudos
neecie12
Joining in
Message 3 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Ours seems to have fixed itself now!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Hi neecie12 and jlp311,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing a problem with your TiVo® services. I'm glad to hear that your TiVo® is now working, neecie12.

I have been able to access both of your accounts via your Forum details and run testing to your equipment. 

Neecie12--your service looks good now. I'm not seeing any problems with the TiVo®.

Jlp311--your TiVo® looks fine now, as well. Please let me know if you are still having a problem with this.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
JonDavis
Just joined
Message 5 of 90
Flag for a moderator

We have this problem - the error message is floating around the screen and we have limited channels. Have just spoken to Virgin and have been told that someone has to come out and look at it and we have to be available during certain time slots, the latest of which being 4-7. If we are not here when they call we will be charged for the callout! Is there anything anyone can suggest to sort this out to avoid having to leave work early, race home and sit around for 3 hours?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Hi JonDavis

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your set top box at the moment. 

We also have weekend appointments available if you're not available during the week, I can understand having to go to work (considering where I'm sitting right now Man Happy)

You can rearrange your appointment from [My Virgin Media], give us a call or let me know with a few days notice and we'll do our best to help fit this in.

If you've already had the appointment, I'd love to know how it went, we'll be here if you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
richard1581
Joining in
Message 7 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Hello, I'm experience the error code 7400. I've done the whole restart/reboot and all that to no luck. What do I need to do next?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard1581

Welcome to the Community Man Happy

From looking at your account I can see that this should be working properly for you now, if that's not the case just let us know!

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MiriamMenne
Tuning in
Message 9 of 90
Flag for a moderator

HI,
my TIVO cut off and went back on after quite a while.
I have the error 7400 as well, could you please fix it?

Thanks,

Miriam
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Hi MiriamMenne, 

Many thanks for visiting us again and I'm very sorry about the recent hiccups on the beloved TiVo.

I've been into the TiVo to run some tests and she's running well with nothing standing out to be an issue. I'd just like to know are your still at this point experiencing this?

Keep in touch Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos