Menu
MaxPrimal
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Error 7400 Displaying on Tivo and it turned itself on over night

My Tivo is showing a message sayinf there is a problem and giving an error number of 7400. I tried to call but the help people are closed and don't open to 8am (not helpful when I start work at 7!)...

What is this error and how do I get rid of it? I have tried to reset the Tivo and that doesn't work.

The Forums don't explain what the error is, just that is seems to go away at times. What has caused this and my Tivo to turn on over night?

Thanks

Max

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 7400 Displaying on Tivo and it turned itself on over night

Hi there MaxPrimal, 

I totally understand how frustrating this must have been for you, especially as you had to leave for work before the fault centre open. Please accept my apologies. 

I've done some investigating and can see that there was an error, so I've sent some signals and have gotten things back on track for you. 

Recently we sent  a sofftware update to your TiVo® box. You shouldn't have been unaware of any changes from this update.  This would've caused the TiVo® to perform a reboot in the wee hours and I believe this may have caused this issue. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DavidMaclean
Settling in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw,

I'm having the same issue with my TiVo, could you help please?

Many thanks, David

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there DavidMaclean, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums, and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you were also getting the Error 7400 message. 

I've taken a look at things remotely for you and all appears to be okay from this end, so it may well have been a temporary error. 

Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos