Menu
MattCaller
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Error 6185

Hey guys - had conversations with customer service, an engineer come out who could not resolve it on Sat and then I have read posts around 6185 can be resolved by you remotely re-installing the on demand services.  Can you please try this for me?  I really don't want my current TiVo box swapped out which is what the engineer was saying otherwise would happen.  

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 6185

Hi MattCaller,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this error at the moment.  I will be more than happy to help out here.

I have spotted the error and have made the necessary adjustments.  I have sent an update to your box and all you need to do is give the box a reboot to refresh things.

Let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MattCaller
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I hope you are getting paid well! Smiley Happy

Customer services couldn't resolve it, the fault / service guys sent out an engineer who couldn't fix it (wanted to swap out the Tivo)... then I read another post where you resolved it (yes it was you!) and thought... the guys on the forum seem to know their stuff.

Thank you very much - all resolved... one other favour to ask... please pass on how to resolve this issue to your customer services / fault fixing team as they just didnt have a clue.

Thanks again! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi MattCaller,

Thanks for your reply and I'm pleased to hear On Demand is working again for you Smiley Happy

I can certainly provide feedback so we don't miss the mark again in the future.  I'm sorry we didn't get it quite right the first time round when you reported the fault.

We have all kinds of 'Know-how' here so if you ever have a query, just give us a shout anytime Smiley Happy

All the best.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos