Menu
Rabangus
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error 319

I know the Virgin staff on this forum must be getting sick of posts about error 319, but this is getting ridiculous.

My wife and kids are out for the afternoon, I have a nice big telly with a sound surround system, so I was looking forward to putting my feet up and watching a good movie in HD. (While on that topic, why are so few movies offered in HD on demand? Sky offer nearly all their on demand movies in HD, but in the Sky Cinema section on Tivo hardly any of them are actually in HD.Why? What's that all about?)

Anyway, I've been getting the 319 error for most movies I try to watch for weeks now, but what I've found today is that every single HD movie I try gives the 319 error. For example in the 'New this week' section of Sky Cinema, if I try to watch them in SD, no problem, but if I select the HD version the error pops up. In the end I've given up on the idea of watching something through Virgin and will watch a blu-ray instead.

I'm now at the stage where I'm thinking there might be grounds for either cancelling contract (as it isn't what it was sold as), or at least getting some money back for lack of service.

Do we have the right to cancel because of things like this?

Rowan

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 319

HI Rowan

I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment, it's really not what we want for you.

We're working hard on getting the issue resolved and I'd love to hear from you if anything changes on your end.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rabangus
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your condolences Craig. Where do we stand on money back or right to cancel?

Regards

Rowan

0 Kudos
Justandrich
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you had any joy with this. I was waiting for the fix that was said to be happening but has now moved date again. In the 2 months I've had virgin I have hardly ever been able to watch the movies. As a result I think I will phone up to cancel as the movies was the main reason for me getting it.
Rabangus
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Afraid not. The service status page has bumped the expected resolution date to 21 Nov, but that date seems to be pretty meaningless.
0 Kudos