Menu
fionamarie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Engineer called :(

Since having VM installed a week ago we have had problems with the quality of the movies, on demand and catch up, with blurring pictures, pixellation etc.  When the engineer came today he said its nothing to do with VM it is the quality of the refresh rate of our tv, saying we need a minimum refresh rate of 100hz, when we have checked the TV it is a 200hz refresh rate.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer called :(

I would make a complaint, he's just making stuff up so he doesn't have to do his job

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I would re-book another engineering ASAP - sounds like a VM signal fault.
0 Kudos
fionamarie
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/televisions/hd-tvs/UE48H6240AKXXU this is the tv we have, am I correct in thinking the refresh rate is above 100hz?

0 Kudos
fionamarie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

He checked the signal and the main box etc, and even connected it to his portable tv and said the problem is with our tv not their service.  One of our TVs is a bush (which according to him is an inferior make) and the other is a Samsung, which is approximately 8 months old.

0 Kudos
fionamarie
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Been in touch with Samsung who confirm the refresh rate of our tv is 400hz
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

it doesn't matter what the refresh rate of your TV is, if it has an HDMI port it is compliant with all of the necessary standards to display through the said port with the possible exception of 3D, the engineer was talking nonsense and I use the word engineer in the loosest possible sense of the word

0 Kudos
fionamarie
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your replies, I have today rang VM about the problem, but was speaking to a guy who was on the broadband problem, he then proceeded to put me through to the tv dept, but after waiting 10 mins for my call to be answered, I was disconnected.  Next step contact CEO of Virgin Media, hopefully will get somewhere and resolve this issue.

0 Kudos