Menu
SteveGreenway
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

EPG updating

I have a question.

Why is it that the Virgin EPG updates so infrequently?

I used to use Freeview with a DVR player and the EPG updated roughly every 10 minutes. I never seemed to miss either a program that was moved to a different channel nor did I miss part of a program because a previous program overran.

Admittedly, this hasn't happened too much, but for example during the recent Olympics the program as part of my SeriesLink was moved from BBC 1 to BBC 2, and so the Tivo recorded what happened at the set time on BBC 1 so I missed completely the program which was moved.

I therefore had to use iPlayer to watch the program, but had to wait for it to be available.

So the question again, how come a "new" system used by Virgin is less effective at recording changed programs than a system I used 8 years ago?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: EPG updating

Hi SteveGreenway, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear that you needed to wait and catch a programme on Catch Up. We get the listings from the broadcasters and as soon as they update us with any updates, we then update you. 

Have you had any further issues such as this since posting?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos