Menu
rodbrown1949
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Duplicate Recordings in 'My Shows' for same episode, time, channel on Tivo box

Similar to the other posts, I am getting duplicate recordings each week for a program set with a series link! It shows them both in 'My Shows', one on it's own in the list and then the same recording below it in a folder! I checked the details on both recordings and they are identical! They are for the same episode, on the same channel at the same time, for the same duration!

I did have this series in 'My Wishlist' - it is no longer there now! 

It is occasionally causing clashes with other programs I want to record at the same time!

I have tried unlinking the recordings and setting the series link up again, but the same thing happens!

The first time I deleted the first occurrence in 'My Shows', it deleted both copies! The second time it only deleted one!

This is causing me hassle, particularly when it clashes, but also because I have to delete two items after viewing!

Can you advise / resolve?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Duplicate Recordings in 'My Shows' for same episode, time, channel on Tivo box

Hi rodbrown1949,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're yet to find a solution to your duplicate recordings.  I'll be happy to help check this out with you.

Firstly, have your 'Suggestions' been turned of also as well as the WishList?  To check follow:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > RECORDINGS > SUGGESTIONS > ON/OFF

It is also worth trying to do a Clear & Delete of  'Prog info and planned recordings'.  To do this follow these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > CLEAR OR RESET TIVO® BOX > CLEAR PROGRAMME INFO & PLANNED RECORDINGS > OK

This process will take up to a few minutes normally but can take up to an hour or so.  It will hopefully clear any unwanted data that may be causing the duplication.  Let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need anything.

Keep me posted Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Duplicate Recordings in 'My Shows' for same episode, time, channel on Tivo box

I think you are seing one recording listed twice.

If you record a programme it will not only list on its own or a part of a series link - but will have an entry under each of the wishlists it also matches.

So when you delete one - it disappears from everywhere.

You only need to worry about tuner clashes if it is showing up twice in 'My Planned Recordings'

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi rodbrown1949,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're yet to find a solution to your duplicate recordings.  I'll be happy to help check this out with you.

Firstly, have your 'Suggestions' been turned of also as well as the WishList?  To check follow:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > RECORDINGS > SUGGESTIONS > ON/OFF

It is also worth trying to do a Clear & Delete of  'Prog info and planned recordings'.  To do this follow these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > CLEAR OR RESET TIVO® BOX > CLEAR PROGRAMME INFO & PLANNED RECORDINGS > OK

This process will take up to a few minutes normally but can take up to an hour or so.  It will hopefully clear any unwanted data that may be causing the duplication.  Let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need anything.

Keep me posted Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I think you are seing one recording listed twice.

If you record a programme it will not only list on its own or a part of a series link - but will have an entry under each of the wishlists it also matches.

So when you delete one - it disappears from everywhere.

You only need to worry about tuner clashes if it is showing up twice in 'My Planned Recordings'

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
rodbrown1949
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Collette, I have switched off my 'Suggestions' and have re-booted the Tivo box! I will try that first to see if it resolves the problem! If not, I will then take the next step to clear 'Planned Recordings' and my 'Wishlist' as it seems a bit drastic at this stage! I will let you know how I get on!

0 Kudos