Menu
Richone54
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Downgrade after 12 months for last 6 monthsn

last year I signed up to the big kahuna package (XL tv ( with sport and movies) phone and Internet, was a good deal but I did confirm with someone over the phone that after 12 months I could loose the sport and movies (which we free for 12 months), I just phoned to get them taken off and was advised if they are removed I would have to sign for another 12 months. When I spoke to lady on the phone, I was not a customer, so I presume the call would not have been recorded, can some advise why I now have to pay £40 more a month for 6 months, or pay the £70 odd pound for 12 months .

i have just tried to find the paperwork but can only find the original contract which gives the cost for 12 months then the last 6 months (nearly £10 more than what they want now?) but no details about being able to remove the extra at any time.

0 Kudos
Richone54
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrade after 12 months for last 6 monthsn

Ignore above, I phoned virgin again and spoke to a nice Scottish bloke called Craig, he was very helpful and had a look on the system saying he could see no reason why I could not take both off and not trigger another 12 month contract. Not sure what the previous person I spoke to had a problem with (Chris), it sounds like he just wanted me to sign for another 12 months - unsure why virgin have this sort of discrepancy, there is more chance of me staying after the next 6 months now 

0 Kudos