Menu
Trish64
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Don't be in a hurry

I used to relish the fact that I could set up series links via my tivo box. Now however, it is far easier and quicker to just go to the specific programmes's future schedule, and record each episode individually.
It's so weary, attempting another one (ever the optimist!) only to find it actually takes longer!
I'm sure I can get better service than this for my money.
#shoppingaround
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Don't be in a hurry

Mm. I wonder what you're doing? Setting up a series link is easy. If you highlight the program concerned then press the record button, if it's a series of programs it'll ask you if you want a series link. You highlight that press ok. Hey presto. About 15 seconds depending on how long it takes you to find the program concerned. 

0 Kudos
Trish64
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

And that's the stinger! It USED to take a few seconds, now it takes several minutes. I do know how to set it up; it just takes forever to initiate, meanwhile your remote is "frozen" until it finishes, so you can't even back out of it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well that's obviously not right, have you called in the fault?

0 Kudos
Trish64
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, and believe me, I really, REALLY tried to explain. The fact that there was a laguage barrier proved difficult for both of us, but fortunately, I was able to dis-connect when it became obvious that I was Crying for the Moon.😜
0 Kudos
Trish64
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

*language*
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Use the moving house/thinking of leaving option and you always get a UK call cener

0 Kudos
Trish64
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I actually did get a UK call centre! It's just nuts.
Bit masochistic on my part, when I think about it; I don't get what I'm paying for, and studiously find ways to accomodate it. Gonna be more determined!
Thanks, Danny
0 Kudos
Trish64
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey, take it from me....I know how to operate the equipment; the fact that it's sluggish and retarded is why I've changed providers, with a free tv and 12 months' free broadband thrown in to sweeten the deal.
Happy days! 😄
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trish64,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® service isn't running more smoothly.

I'll be happy to help take a look at this for you if you'd like me to.  If you can tell me a little more about the fault I'll be glad to help out.

*  Will the box run  slowly when you're Changing channels?

*  Will it only happen at certain times of the day?

*  Do you get the same slow response when you use the buttons of the front of the TiVo® box itself?

If you'd like me to check this further, keep me posted and I'll be happy to help.

I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos