Menu
redrobo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Dolby Digital from TiVo

Hi, I have two TiVo boxes, one of these is giving a great Dolby output in 5.1, Wimbledon tennis today, the other is only giving PCM same Wimbledon tennis program. Both boxes are set the same. I have rebooted the problem box and I have set to PCM and back to Dolby Digital several times. I have tried both HDMI and Optical and my surround processor is fully capable, being probably one of the best available. Is there a problem with TiVo on some boxes? Should I get an engineer to call/replace, I also get a fair bit of program drop out and artefacts on this same box. Don’t want to lose programs recorded, but this I guess is the pain of TiVo type systems. I would like to get 5.1 working.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dolby Digital from TiVo

Hi redrobo,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that Dolby Digital isn't working to full effect right now.  I would also like to help check out the issue with the picture pixelating as well I will look into this for you.

So far when I look at the boxes remotely all is looking great signal/power level wise.  I'd like to know more about the pixelation issue, if you can please get back to me with the following information:

* Channel/s affected.

* SD or HD

* Does it happen at certain times of the day?

* Is the box well ventilated?

* Have the leads connecting the box to the TV connected securely?

* Does the pixelation affect Live and/or recordings?

If you can get back to me I'll be happy to help out.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dolby Digital from TiVo

I guess you know 5.1 is only available on HD channels

Make sure the box has Audio Description set to OFF

Also while on the HD/5.1 channel - press info and change the audio channels offered in the audio section - see if that changes anything

redrobo wrote:

Hi, I have two TiVo boxes, one of these is giving a great Dolby output in 5.1, Wimbledon tennis today, the other is only giving PCM same Wimbledon tennis program. Both boxes are set the same. I have rebooted the problem box and I have set to PCM and back to Dolby Digital several times. I have tried both HDMI and Optical and my surround processor is fully capable, being probably one of the best available. Is there a problem with TiVo on some boxes? Should I get an engineer to call/replace, I also get a fair bit of program drop out and artefacts on this same box. Don’t want to lose programs recorded, but this I guess is the pain of TiVo type systems. I would like to get 5.1 working.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos