Menu
essenby
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dolby Audio output

Hi.

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I/ve not been able to find a suitable solution when searching.  (Maybe I'm seraching for the wrong words).

I have a Virgin Media Tivo box connected to my TV through HDMI and the Optical audio output of the TV connected to a SONOS Playbar. I would like to connect 2 further speakers to the Playbar in order to produce a surround sound set up. However, the TV does not seem to be outputting a Dolby compatible signal, only stereo.

What settings do I need to make on the TiVo to enable the Dolby audio output through the HDMI to the TV?

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dolbt Audio output

As long as the audio is NOT set to Dolby-PCM on TiVo - then TiVo will output 5.1 where available.

But many tv sets do NOT passthru 5.1 audio - so it could be the tv is the problem.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
essenby
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dolby Audio output

Thanks for that.  I sort of thought that would be the case but I'm very grateful that it has been clarified.

I'll check with the TV groups now  [It's an LG55UH850V in case anyone has any inside info ;-) ]

0 Kudos
essenby
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dolby Audio output - still an issue

Looks like there is some other issue going on.  When I select the TiVo input on my TV, the info panel shows it is receiving "PCM" audio. The audio settings of the Tivo show Dolby and not PCM.  The TiVo is connected via a HDMI lead which is connected to an ARC enabled socket.  Is that correct or is ARC interfering with the Dolby signal.

Any suggestions anyone?

0 Kudos